corner corner Darwin's Children

Darwin's Children
by Greg Bear | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by wingErishkigalwing of Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Saturday, January 28, 2006

status (set by underasunnysky): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingErishkigalwing from Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Saturday, January 28, 2006

fascinating science, compelling plot, complex characters.....and it resonates, the xenophobia in this story mirroring (alas!) too much of what we see in our everyday world. Fabulous book! now I've got to find & read Darwin's Radio (which apparently leads into this one). i have a friend who wants to borrow "DC", then I think I'll offer it as a bookring.

"Masterful....a novel that opens up lots of questions about where we came from and where we're going." --True Review

"Vintage Bear...[His] characters are as complex as his ideas."

" A riveting near-future thriller."--Publishers Weekly

" A frightening new wrinkle in human evolution..." San Francisco Chronicle

Obviously, I neither made a bookring of it, now remembered to do controlled release notes before adding this to the SF Bookbox :-p oh, well....glad it's doing so well moving around on it's own!

Journal Entry 2 by wingMinerva101wing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, July 11, 2011

I love Greg Bear and I have already read Darwin's Radio as well as this one, but I picked it out of the box anyways to share with my local Calgary Bookcrossing group. I have a spare copy of Darwin's Radio that I can circulate through the group with this one.
Thanks Erishkigal!

Journal Entry 3 by wingMinerva101wing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Thursday, August 04, 2011

Released 3 yrs ago (8/4/2011 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

I an giving this book to rureading along with book one, Darwin`s Radio. I hope she enjoys them as much as I did - Greg Bear is fantastic!!

Journal Entry 4 by wingrureadingwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, August 05, 2011

Minerva101 pulled this book out of her BC bookbag for my reading pleasure. I have placed it carefully on Mt. TBR and hope to pass it on soon.

Journal Entry 5 by wingrureadingwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I struggled with the medical jargon and the political discussions in the first book Darwin's Radio. I was expecting more of the same in this book but there was less technical explanation, and the political stuff didn't divert me from the story. I found this book to be more of a character-driven story that kept my interest piqued with the themes of equality, social justice and racial predjudice more prominent than the previous book's emphasis on DNA retroviruses.

Journal Entry 6 by wingrureadingwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, April 14, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (4/14/2012 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taken to the Calgary BC Meetup at the Joshua Tree Cafe today.

Journal Entry 7 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, April 14, 2012

Picked up at the meeting today. Looking forward to it.

Journal Entry 8 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, March 18, 2013

Had trouble at the beginning as it has been awhile since book 1. Brain was also tired. Then I got in the flow and got all the characters. Interesting story about what it means to be different and how they are often treated.

Journal Entry 9 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, April 12, 2013

Released 1 yr ago (4/13/2013 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

I hope that I make it to the April meeting at the Joshua Tree Café as I have just a few books to bring back. If not this month, next month will be a BIG haul.

Journal Entry 10 by underasunnysky at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, June 08, 2013

Picked up at the Calgary BookCrossing Group. Somewhere along the way this book was divorced from its' copy of Darwin's Radio, however, since I have a copy of this book I will make sure to reunite it with its' partner book.