corner corner Tuesdays with Morrie : An Old Man, a Young Man and Life's Greatest Lesson

Tuesdays with Morrie : An Old Man, a Young Man and Life's Greatest Lesson
by Mitch Albom | Journals
Registered by muzette on 1/26/2006

status (set by AnnevO): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by muzette on Thursday, January 26, 2006

All the great lessons of life!

May 2, 2006 - will travel to the Netherlands, to find its new owner Qimp as part of the bookrelay.

Mailed to Qimp on May 9th, 2006

Journal Entry 2 by Qimp from Deventer, Overijssel Netherlands on Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Thank you very much for this book muzette! It arrived some days ago, but I forgot to journal it. Shame on me! And apologies to you. I'm looking forward to reading this book.

Journal Entry 3 by Qimp from Deventer, Overijssel Netherlands on Saturday, July 22, 2006

This book is about Morrie Schwartz, a professor at Brandeis University, who has been diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease). Morrie's life will not last much longer. Mitch Albom, a former student, sees his favourite teacher on television in a programme about this destructive disease. After he renews contact, the two meet on Tuesdays and talk about subjects like family, aging, love, death, regrets and forgiving.

Sweet little book, it makes one think about what is *really* important in life.

Journal Entry 4 by Qimp from Deventer, Overijssel Netherlands on Friday, February 16, 2007

Sending to a fellow BC-er in Spijkenisse as a surprise. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 5 by eowyn-unquendor from Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Oh, wat a wonderful surprise! I found a beautiful little packet in my mail box. It was almost a shame to open it. But inside was this lovely book. Thank you Qimp!
I've read the first pages of the book recently, in my copy of "The five persons you meet in heaven". It seems to me that this book is even better. I'll be sure to read it with lots of Kleenex nearby :)

Journal Entry 6 by eowyn-unquendor from Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Friday, March 16, 2007

Part of me thinks this book is a horrible tear jerker which is very capable of pulling my emotional strings. But overall I love this book, and I fully agree with this review:

"Every page of this beautiful, moving little book shines with the warmth of unembarrassed love."

I think I'm going to buy my own copy. I already own some chapters of it, in my copy of "The Five People You Meet In Heaven". This is one of those books which I love to let it travel around, touching people's hearts.

I'm reserving this book for AnnevO; it's on her wishlist and she's expecting it as an international bookring. But perhaps she will like to read it now.

Journal Entry 7 by AnnevO from Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Saturday, March 17, 2007

Thanks!

Journal Entry 8 by AnnevO from Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Sunday, June 08, 2008

I loved this book! Since I wanted to read this book at a special moment, I saved it for a very special trip to Scotland. It was the perfect book for the occasion. Morrie was a very wise man, who understood which things are really important.

I gave this book to a friend, who will read it and pass it on.