corner corner The Kalahari Typing School for Men (No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency)

The Kalahari Typing School for Men (No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency)
by Alexander McCall Smith | Literature & Fiction
Registered by cordelia-anne of Someplace, Georgia USA on Friday, January 20, 2006

status (set by Frangipani04): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by cordelia-anne from Someplace, Georgia USA on Friday, January 20, 2006

I enjoyed the No. 1 Ladies' Dective Agency more than just about any of the books I read in 2005. I was delighted to find this at this month's library booksale for my own enjoyment and for bookcrossing. After I read it, I will certainly share it. Pure pleasure and delight is a rare thing. I hope that I and other readers will find it within these pages. My experience so far encourages me to hope so.

Journal Entry 2 by cordelia-anne from Someplace, Georgia USA on Wednesday, January 10, 2007

It was reassuring to see the "natural order" quietly restore itself in this fourth installment of the Ladies No. 1 Detective Agency. I'm still an enthusiast after four books and look forward to the next two installments.

Journal Entry 3 by cordelia-anne from Someplace, Georgia USA on Sunday, January 28, 2007

I am donating this book to bookcrossing to finish an interuppted bookring. I'm sending this out to PRCS in Ontario Canada tomorrow. May it have a happy journey.

Journal Entry 4 by PRCS on Monday, February 12, 2007

Arrived this week
second one in series I have
read have not read books 2/3
thanks

Journal Entry 5 by PRCS on Friday, March 16, 2007

Not as good as 1st book in this series sent on to France by surface mail ...Friday

Journal Entry 6 by bestfriends from - Ergens in de provincie, Gelderland Netherlands on Monday, April 16, 2007

In my mailbox after it had been on the slowboat for one month (to the day).

Thanks cordelia-anne for reviving the bookring and PRCS for sending it. This will be my fourth in the series. I liked the first two very much, but to be honest: After having read "Morality for Beautiful Girls" a couple of weeks ago, I got a bit bored. Too much of the same.

I do hope, that after I wait a bit, picking this one up, I will start to miss Mma Ramotswe and the other characters. Maybe it will be a happy reunion with my old friends when I have not seen them for a while ;-)

Will see to it that it continues its travels when done.

Journal Entry 7 by bestfriends from - Ergens in de provincie, Gelderland Netherlands on Tuesday, April 17, 2007

As there was a problem with PMs and JE alerts yesterday, I thought to make another entry to notify people that the book has arrived.

Journal Entry 8 by bestfriends from - Ergens in de provincie, Gelderland Netherlands on Monday, April 23, 2007

Picked this up sooner than expected, as I desperately needed a "feel good" book after In the Country of Men !!!

Finished it in one sitting and enjoyed it!

Will find a new loving home for it, although at the moment I have quite a few books to move along, so don't worry if it takes a while.

July 2007
Now a prize in my : "Keep them Moving" RABCK draw

Won by frangipani04

Journal Entry 9 by bestfriends at Controlled release in nearest postoffice France, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Released 7 yrs ago (7/31/2007 UTC) at Controlled release in nearest postoffice France, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Off to Portugal. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 10 by Frangipani04 on Sunday, August 19, 2007

It''s here! Thank you so much for sending it to me, bestfriends! I''ll read it soon and then keep it travelling!