corner corner Resurrection Men (Inspector Rebus S.)

Resurrection Men (Inspector Rebus S.)
by Iaian Rankin | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by Jaycee1972 of Belper, Derbyshire United Kingdom on 1/7/2006

status (set by dodau): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Jaycee1972 from Belper, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Saturday, January 07, 2006

An Inspector Rebus Novel: 13

This is the first one of these I have read and it was a pretty good read. Having said that, it wasn't all that memorable and I haven't bothered to read any of the others so this is only getting a 6 from me.

This one is going out as a ring. Here is the list for starters although the order may change to accomodate shipping.

Pam99 UK / INT
Johnsteed Switzerland / INT
...and back to me Jaycee1972 UK

Journal Entry 2 by Jaycee1972 from Belper, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Friday, February 10, 2006

Sending to Pam99. Hope you enjoy the book.

Journal Entry 3 by pam99 from Ochiltree, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Arrived today, I've read about half of the Rebus series, I think, and I really enjoy this author. I like crime/psychological thrillers from time to time anyway, but I think I particularly enjoy Rankin because he writes about Edinburgh and the changing city, and Rebus' interaction with it. I grew up just outside Edinburgh in the 1980s and left in 1994 to move to Glasgow, so I can identify with the Rebus' complaints that every time he turns round, another corner of the city has been transformed!

Journal Entry 4 by pam99 from Ochiltree, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, February 20, 2006

An absolute classic in the Rebus series, I think this is the best that I've read so far. That said, I think you need to be a fan of the series to fully appreciate it, it's probably not the best one to start with as it does assume a bit that you know the characters. I'd try him again, Jaycee1972!

Will pm Johnsteed for an address.

Journal Entry 5 by JohnSteed from Bad Zurzach, Aargau Switzerland on Friday, March 10, 2006

Rebus in da house !
Will read the thing asap ;)

Journal Entry 6 by JohnSteed from Bad Zurzach, Aargau Switzerland on Friday, May 05, 2006

The 13th book of the Rebus series has been the very 1st for me.
And although I missed the first 12 I wasn't lost at all. I truly loved this book. A reason might be that I share most of Rebus' musical tastes ;)

I now will have to read the previous 12 books.

Journal Entry 7 by Jaycee1972 from Belper, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Friday, September 22, 2006

2nd message posted on boards to see if anyone else wants to participate.

Journal Entry 8 by JohnSteed at BookRing in UTILISER 'Libération contrôlée' > Pays > Province > Ville, .---controlled release---. Switzerland on Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Released 11 yrs ago (10/5/2006 UTC) at BookRing in UTILISER 'Libération contrôlée' > Pays > Province > Ville, .---controlled release---. Switzerland

travelling back home

Journal Entry 9 by Jaycee1972 from Belper, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Saturday, November 18, 2006

Received safely thanks John. This one is now going into my 3rd book box.

Journal Entry 10 by Jaycee1972 at Jaycee1972's Book Box in Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, February 01, 2007

Released 11 yrs ago (2/1/2007 UTC) at Jaycee1972's Book Box in Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Ok this one is now going in my 3rd book box.

Journal Entry 11 by AngelChild from Otham, Kent United Kingdom on Saturday, February 03, 2007

Taken from Jaycee1972's 3rd Book Box :o)

Journal Entry 12 by AngelChild at Bookbox in Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, February 17, 2007

Released 11 yrs ago (2/17/2007 UTC) at Bookbox in Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Going into Treena's book box

Released as part of the Never Judge A Book By Its Cover release challenge for week 6 as the authors name is in red

Journal Entry 13 by dodau from Ellesmere Port, Cheshire United Kingdom on Sunday, March 18, 2007

Had to check if I already had this one on mount TBR. Can't see it so I'll have this one.
Taken from Treenas bookbox

Journal Entry 14 by dodau at n/a in handed over in person, A friend and potential bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, January 20, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (1/20/2008 UTC) at n/a in handed over in person, A friend and potential bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases