corner corner Kitty and the Midnight Hour

Kitty and the Midnight Hour
by Carrie Vaughn | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by sarradee of Grand Prairie, Texas USA on Thursday, January 26, 2006

status (set by mcbeff): permanent collection

Journal Entry 1 by sarradee from Grand Prairie, Texas USA on Thursday, January 26, 2006

Book Description
Description: VAMPIRES. WEREWOLVES. TALK RADIO. Kitty Norville is a midnight-shift DJ for a Denver radio station—and a werewolf in the closet. Sick of lame song requests, she accidentally starts "The Midnight Hour," a late-night advice show for the supernaturally disadvantaged. After desperate vampires, werewolves, and witches across the country begin calling in to share their woes, her new show is a raging success. But it’s Kitty who can use some help. With one sexy werewolf-hunter and a few homicidal undead on her tail, Kitty may have bitten off more than she can chew…

I really enjoyed this book. It's another entry in the paranormal genre that Laurell Hamilton and Kelley Armstrong (among others) have made so popular. However, instead of concentrating on the sexual aspects it is more about how the protagonist Kitty matures from a submissive pack underling, into a lone wolf by taking control of her life. Kitty is a strong character, hopefully the author will continue to develop her that way in successive novels.

I'll be sending this to the Relayer's Give Thanks for Books Sweepstakes winner on Monday.

Journal Entry 2 by SandDanz from New Albany, Indiana USA on Friday, February 03, 2006

Awesome pick for me Sarradee!!! This book looks awesome! I'll have to see what else this author may have out and add them to my wishlist! :)

Journal Entry 3 by CheriePie from Campbell, California USA on Saturday, August 04, 2007

Sand handed this off to me in Columbus, which I in turn plan to give to my Happiness Day partner since it''s on her wishlist. :) I read it previously, journal entry here

Journal Entry 4 by wingnimrodielwing on Thursday, August 09, 2007

another wishlist book! You have spoiled me happiness day fairie :)

Thanks, I''ve been wanting to read this since the lovely Antheras reviewed it on her book blog.

Journal Entry 5 by wingnimrodielwing on Friday, March 21, 2008

I'm a fan of a good werewolf story. However, I find them to be few and far in between as most seem to take themselves so serious and end up being pretentious. I've started and put down many paranormal erotica/romances, mystery/thrillers, and fantasy books because of that. But not Kitty and the Midnight Hour.

I loved Kitty, with her low pack status, accidental role as a radio psychologist to the supernatural elements of society, and un-looked for celebrity status. I got caught up in her struggles with her place in the pack, her interactions with the local vampire family, and her budding friendship (and more) with the good looking hunter who tried to kill her at the start of the story.

I was intreigued enough to zoom through the book, and found it an enjoyable and quick read. I'm going to very much look forward to reading the rest of the series.

Journal Entry 6 by wingnimrodielwing on Tuesday, April 08, 2008

This book is heading to redhot-brat next to help her with getting started in the series.

Journal Entry 7 by redhot-brat from Delavan, Minnesota USA on Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Thanks a bunch Nim. It's much appreciated. If you ever feel the need to cash it in ... I owe you one!

Journal Entry 8 by redhot-brat from Delavan, Minnesota USA on Saturday, April 19, 2008

This book was awesome fun. I've already finished it and book two since receiving it. I'll be starting on book three tonight.
I'll likely send this along with the bookrays for books 2 & 3 I'm in, that way if others in the line haven't read book one they will not have to locate a copy of it like I did. :) Thanks Nim! :D

Journal Entry 9 by omly from Arlington, Massachusetts USA on Tuesday, May 06, 2008

This arrived today in the mail. How great to get to reread the first book in this series with the other two. Thanks so much redhot-brat! And the wolf postcard was too cute!

Journal Entry 10 by bargainqueen from North Nowra, New South Wales Australia on Friday, May 23, 2008

Thanks heaps for sending, read this before but may reread to remind myself of the story! Cheers!

Journal Entry 11 by bargainqueen from North Nowra, New South Wales Australia on Friday, June 20, 2008

Oh Man I love this book! I actually read it about 16 books ago but it is such a quick and easy read that I wanted to refresh my memory before starting on 2 and 3. Now I can't wait to finish the rest of the series!
Thanks again for including this one along.

Journal Entry 12 by bargainqueen from North Nowra, New South Wales Australia on Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Coming to the Brisbane Convention to continue it's travels.

Journal Entry 13 by mcbeff from Townsville, Queensland Australia on Sunday, July 27, 2008

I picked this up at the BC Brisbane Convention 2008. It finally made it's way home to me (couldn't fit in my luggage...).

Journal Entry 14 by mcbeff from Townsville, Queensland Australia on Thursday, December 04, 2008

Now that uni is over I could finally get to Mount TBR.

I haven't read many werewolf stories, but I really enjoyed this. A fun light hearted and easy to read story.

My house mates have stolen it to read.