corner corner Something M.Y.T.H. Inc. (Robert Asprin's Myth)

Something M.Y.T.H. Inc. (Robert Asprin's Myth)
by Robert Asprin | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by craftycomrade of Alma, Colorado USA on 12/15/2005

status (set by AnonymousFinder): available

Journal Entry 1 by craftycomrade from Alma, Colorado USA on Thursday, December 15, 2005

While this wasn't my favorite book in the MYTH series, it was nice to have closure

Journal Entry 2 by craftycomrade at US mail in Fellow bookcrosser, A Book Swap! -- Controlled Releases on Friday, December 16, 2005

Released 11 yrs ago (12/16/2005 UTC) at US mail in Fellow bookcrosser, A Book Swap! -- Controlled Releases

On its way!

Journal Entry 3 by wingmelydiawing from Centreville, Virginia USA on Monday, December 26, 2005

I just got back from my honeymoon tonight, and after a long, frustrating day at airports this was a very welcome find amidst the junk mail and bills. Thanks so much!

Journal Entry 4 by wingmelydiawing from Centreville, Virginia USA on Friday, April 07, 2006

This is the twelfth and final volume of one of my favorite series of all time. A word of warning: read the rest of the series first. And if it's been a while (as it had been with me), at least reread Sweet Myth-tery of Life. I was a little lost here and there, as some events in this book take place simultaneously with its predecessor. Also note that as this is a book with M.Y.T.H. Inc. in the title, it is not narrated solely by Skeeve, but (in this case) mostly by Guido. His incessant Guys'n'Dolls-esque speech gets a bit tiring from time to time, but if you enjoy old mafia movies there are certain scenes that are just a hoot. I would share the plot, but there isn't much to say. Ostensibly it's about a popular uprising against The Great Skeeve for raising taxes, but really it's just a tying up of loose ends. The ending is optimistic, and it's nice to have some closure after all these years.

Journal Entry 5 by wingmelydiawing from Centreville, Virginia USA on Saturday, April 29, 2006

Since I was unsuccessful in my release while I was in Illinois last weekend, I'm taking this to the Southern Maryland Celtic Festival today.

Journal Entry 6 by wingmelydiawing at Jefferson Patterson Park in Saint Leonard, Maryland USA on Saturday, April 29, 2006

Released 11 yrs ago (4/29/2006 UTC) at Jefferson Patterson Park in Saint Leonard, Maryland USA

Left this on a bench at the Glen Stage at the Celtic Festival of Southern Maryland. (http://www.cssm.org/festival/)

Journal Entry 7 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Monday, May 01, 2006

Melydia, thanks for leaving it there. I picked it up off the bench at the Glen Stage because I wanted to sit there. I had heard of BooCrossing before, but this was the first time I found one in the wild.

I really liked a lot of stuff that Robert Asprin wrote years ago. I even chased down several of his more obscure books, like "Tambu" and "Bug Wars", and made them a permanent part of my library.

But his more recent work hasn't done much for me. I picked this up hoping to find things had changed. No such luck. Oh, well.

I haven't decided where I'm going to leave it, but I'll be releasing it in the next few days.

CAUGHT IN ST. LEONARD MD USA