corner corner The Ponder Heart

The Ponder Heart
by Eudora Welty | Literature & Fiction
Registered by petitcercle of St. Louis, Missouri USA on Friday, December 02, 2005

status (set by Ginaluna): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by petitcercle from St. Louis, Missouri USA on Friday, December 02, 2005

Sent to Mamoune 12/02/2005. Remark: "ponder" is a word in English that brings to mind the biblical phrase after the Annunciation, "Mary kept all these things in her heart and pondered them..." -- but don't look for any other such references in this book:-) Here, it's the name of a family...bonne lecture, Mamoune!

Journal Entry 2 by mamoune on Sunday, December 18, 2005

une surprise, un cadeau !! merci beaucoup à toi petitcercle ! :)

Journal Entry 3 by mamoune at Troc' Café - rue du faubourg de Saverne in Strasbourg, Alsace France on Thursday, March 02, 2006

Released 8 yrs ago (3/2/2006 UTC) at Troc' Café - rue du faubourg de Saverne in Strasbourg, Alsace France

un cadeau de petitcercle !!
mais je ne lis pas l'anglais.....alors si ça tente quelqu'un ??

Journal Entry 4 by wingDEESSEwing from Erstein, Alsace France on Monday, March 06, 2006

Mamoune gave me this book during our monthly meetup last Saturday - thank you!

She said as it was a gift it's too precious to just be released like that, so I've got the honour to read it first (she wanted to know what it's about... but she'll have to read my journal entry in English!)
The synopsis on the back is quite interesting, but as I still have a lot of other books on my TBR-mountain, I don't know when I'll find time to read it (it's not a very big book, though, so maybe I'll just read it "in between"...)

Journal Entry 5 by wingDEESSEwing from Erstein, Alsace France on Monday, March 20, 2006

I finally read it "in between" and I must say (sorry, petitcercle, you gave 10 stars) that it wasn't my cup of tea... The descriptions were too "longish" for my taste, the characters were a bit strange / weird and the trial at court was just too "n'importe quoi". Also I had problems getting into the "slang" of the Southerners (which include obviously a rather free use of grammar rules...), even though your pencil annotations helped me a lot.
But that doesn't mean that it's not a good book, it's just not to my liking!

I'll give it back to mamoune next time I see her!

edit 10.04.06:
I gave it to Ginaluna at the April meetup (as mamoune was in Paris...) and she promised to pass it on to her mum.

Journal Entry 6 by Ginaluna from Strasbourg, Alsace France on Thursday, May 04, 2006

Mum still does not read English... I will bring back for her to the meet up, but maybe she will release it.

Journal Entry 7 by Ginaluna at Square Louise Weiss in Strasbourg, Alsace France on Thursday, May 04, 2006

Released 7 yrs ago (5/4/2006 UTC) at Square Louise Weiss in Strasbourg, Alsace France

Donné à mamoune, peut être relaché après, on ne sait pas.

Given to Mamoune, maybe released after, nobody knows...