corner corner Endymion

by Dan Simmons | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by avanta7 on 11/2/2002

status (set by adrienne10): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by avanta7 on Saturday, November 02, 2002

It is 274 years after the Fall and the universe is in chaos. Raul Endymion, onetime shepherd and convicted murderer, is chosen as a pawn in a cosmic game whose outcome will determine the fate of humanity. Selected as a bodyguard to the next messiah, Endymion will cross time, space, and the very fabric of reality as her protector, lover, and finally disciple. At the same time, the enigmatic Shrike -- part monster, part killing machine, part avenging angel -- has also followed the girl into the 32nd century. Yet it is Endymion who has been chosen to rescue Aenea, against all odds. How will her message change the universe -- if she is willing to speak it...and if humankind is prepared to hear it? (cover blurb)

Third book of the Hyperion series. Absorbing food for thought.

Journal Entry 2 by avanta7 on Monday, December 22, 2003

An surprise for another BookCrosser.

Journal Entry 3 by avanta7 on Saturday, January 17, 2004

Although this wasn't one of the books Brewski requested as part of my "Celebrate 800" project, I hate to break up the set, and am sending this along with HYPERION.

Journal Entry 4 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Monday, January 26, 2004

800 Cheers for avanta7! Thank you so much for sending this book along with Hyperion, I really, really appreciate it.

Journal Entry 5 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Sunday, November 19, 2006

Loved this as well. Can't wait to start on "The Rise of Endymion". In fact I am gong to start on it now!

Journal Entry 6 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Sending off to a fellow BookCrosser who has two of the other Hyperion series books on their wishlist. I am simply sending these to keep the set together in case you decide to add it to your Permanent Collection. I don't know about you, but I like to have all the books in the same format and binding when I keep a series :)

Journal Entry 7 by adrienne10 from Seattle, Washington USA on Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Received today. I will get to reading this set as soon as possible. I tend not to read any books in a already out set until I have them all, so this was extra nice! Thank you very much, brewski.