corner corner The Fall of Hyperion

The Fall of Hyperion
by Dan Simmons | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by avanta7 on 11/2/2002

status (set by stubee): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by avanta7 on Saturday, November 02, 2002

Second of four in the Hyperion series. Cover blurb: On the world of Hyperion, the mysterious Time Tombs are opening. And the secrets they contain mean that nothing -- nothing anywhere in the universe -- will ever be the same.

These books inspired me to read Keats.

Journal Entry 2 by avanta7 on Monday, December 22, 2003

A surprise for another BXer.

Journal Entry 3 by avanta7 on Saturday, January 17, 2004

Although this wasn't one of the books Brewski requested as part of my "Celebrate 800" project, I hate to break up the set, and am sending this along with HYPERION.

Journal Entry 4 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Monday, January 26, 2004

I feel like I should thank you 800 times as a bare minimum for surprising me with the complete Hyperion series. I'll start by thanking you four times as a start and then I will find a way to live up to your generosity.

Journal Entry 5 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Monday, November 13, 2006

What a great series. I've barely put this book down and I am starting on the next in the series :)

Journal Entry 6 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Sending off to a fellow BookCrosser who has two of the other Hyperion series books on their wishlist. I am simply sending these to keep the set together in case you decide to add it to your Permanent Collection. I don't know about you, but I like to have all the books in the same format and binding when I keep a series :)

Journal Entry 7 by adrienne10 from Seattle, Washington USA on Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Received in a package today. Thank you for this set of books.

Journal Entry 8 by stubee at Bury, Lancashire United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Thanks Adrienne10. Well my Sci-Fi collection is growing now, I guess Sci-Fi along with Fantasy and Horror have always been my favourite types of novels and it's good to get back into them since over the past few years I've been trying to go down a more mature route with my reading pattern.