corner corner The Blessing Way (Joe Leaphorn Novels)

The Blessing Way (Joe Leaphorn Novels)
by Tony Hillerman | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingCandyDarlingwing of Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 11/14/2005

status (set by BookishPanda): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingCandyDarlingwing from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, November 14, 2005

Book Description:
Homicide is always an abomination, but there is something exceptionally disturbing about the victim discovered in a high lonely place -- a corpse with a mouth full of sand, abandoned at a crime scene seemingly devoid of tracks or useful clues. Though it goes against his better judgment, Navajo Tribal Police Lieutenant Joe Leaphorn cannot help but suspect the hand of a supernatural killer. There is palpable evil in the air, and Leaphorn's pursuit of a Wolf-Witch is leading him where even the bravest men fear ... on a chilling trail that winds perilously between mysticism and murder.

About the Author:
Tony Hillerman is past president of the Mystery Writers of America and has received their Edgar and Grand Master awards. His other honors include the Center for the American Indian's Ambassador Award, the Silver Spur Award for best novel set in the West, and the Navajo Tribe's Special Friend Award. He lives with his wife, Marie, in Albuquerque, NM.

Journal Entry 2 by wingCandyDarlingwing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, February 10, 2015

I bought this book on Kindle, so this copy is free to travel on. :)

Journal Entry 3 by wingCandyDarlingwing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Released 3 yrs ago (2/10/2015 UTC) at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Gave the book to Flower78 for delivery to Tampere and Tarna.

Journal Entry 4 by wingTarnawing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Monday, February 23, 2015

Didn't realize until now that you tagged me with the first ever Joe Leaphorn/Jim Chee novel. Wow! This one has never even been translated into Finnish. I'm so, so happy. Thank you so very much, CandyDarling! Thanks also to Flower78 for carrying this and many other books from Helsinki to Tampere and to myntti for bringing the book pile to me and for convo over lunch.

Tony Hillerman at Wikipedia
The Blessing Way at Wikipedia

Journal Entry 5 by wingTarnawing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Sunday, April 22, 2018

Again, thank you ever so much, CandyDarling! I knew I'd love this book — and I really did. It was, however, a bit more thriller-like than other Hillermans I've read. I've registered and released another copy I got from Toss. In her JE, erpax tells she had the book with her when trekking in Lapland. She also says she remembers when she was alone in the tent reading some thrilling episode in the light of a headlamp and hearing a rustling sound outside. I'm pretty sure I know which page she was reading.
As always, I enjoyed most the tranquil and reflective narrative and, of course, the Navajo culture. Shortly put, this book is simply mesmerizing. I so love Tony Hillerman.
Now, I offered this book in greenbadger's One book a month thread but for some odd reason it hasn't raised any interest yet. Luckily, there's still some time left.

Journal Entry 6 by wingTarnawing at Pirkkala, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Wednesday, May 02, 2018

Released 1 mo ago (5/2/2018 UTC) at Pirkkala, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland

The Blessing Way was my April offer in greenbadger's One book a month thread. In the draw, the book was won by FinalsEnd and now it's on its way to her.
Happy reading!

Journal Entry 7 by wingBookishPandawing at Apeldoorn, Gelderland Netherlands on Saturday, May 12, 2018

I received this book from Tarna, thank you! I like your bauble postcard thingy :) and also thank you for the bookmark (I can always use those).

Journal Entry 8 by wingBookishPandawing at Apeldoorn, Gelderland Netherlands on Monday, May 21, 2018

I enjoyed this book, especially the things about the Navajo culture, the descriptions and of course the thrilling story. Although I do think it would have been even better if I had more knowledge about the Navajo culture, but I think I understood everything and it makes me interested for more.

Journal Entry 9 by wingBookishPandawing at Saumur, Pays de la Loire France on Monday, June 11, 2018

Released 1 wk ago (6/11/2018 UTC) at Saumur, Pays de la Loire France

Sending this to mcsar as a surprise, because you also entered for this draw. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 10 by wingBookishPandawing at Saumur, Pays de la Loire France on Thursday, June 14, 2018

Book has been sent to the return address, don't know why. Will send it again.

Journal Entry 11 by wingBookishPandawing at Saumur, Pays de la Loire France on Friday, June 15, 2018

Released 3 days ago (6/15/2018 UTC) at Saumur, Pays de la Loire France

The people from the post office didn't understand how this mistake could've been made either. Book is now on its way again. Hope everything will go well.