corner corner Illywhacker

Illywhacker
by Peter Carey | Literature & Fiction
Registered by ralfie of Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Thursday, November 03, 2005

status (set by BC2009020901): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by ralfie from Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Thursday, November 03, 2005

Another great epic from Carey, not as dazzling as some of the others, but worthwhile all the same.

Journal Entry 2 by ralfie at Up Above, Bridge Street Row in Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Thursday, November 03, 2005

Released 9 yrs ago (11/4/2005 UTC) at Up Above, Bridge Street Row in Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom

It'll be hidden up in the beams on Bridge Street row, on the left hand side if you were walking towards the river.

Journal Entry 3 by BC2009020901 on Sunday, November 06, 2005

I found this when I went hunting on the Bridge St Row in Chester. I must congratulate you Ralfie on your excellent and ingenious choice of release site! I was so excited that it was still there. I'm looking forward to reading it after I finish Don Quixote.
Thank you!!

Journal Entry 4 by ralfie from Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Sunday, November 06, 2005

Thanks, darkgreen. I've been struggling to find a spot that works for a while, and have been leaving books all over without much success, but since I thought of leaving them there, it seems to be working out. Plus, I work just round the corner, so I can peak to see if they've gone or not on my lunch hour. As of lunchtime today, there were two more left along that same stretch!

Journal Entry 5 by BC2009020901 on Saturday, November 25, 2006

I really enjoyed this book, although I never would have chosen it in a bookshop, that is a great thing about bookcrossing. I thought it was so well written and evocative. I got quite fond of the old rogue!! hope someone else will enjoy it now.

Journal Entry 6 by BC2009020901 at 'The Star' OBCZ, 36 West St in Dorking, Surrey United Kingdom on Saturday, November 25, 2006

Released 8 yrs ago (11/25/2006 UTC) at 'The Star' OBCZ, 36 West St in Dorking, Surrey United Kingdom