corner corner You Shall Know Our Velocity

You Shall Know Our Velocity
by Dave Eggers | Literature & Fiction
Registered by ajsmom of Quesnel, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, November 01, 2005

status (set by eastbaybookmisr): available

Journal Entry 1 by ajsmom from Quesnel, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Hardcover.

Journal Entry 2 by ajsmom from Quesnel, British Columbia Canada on Saturday, March 24, 2007

Mailing to GorgeousGlo next week in trade for The Black Dahlia.

Journal Entry 3 by ajsmom at The Post Office in A fellow BookCrosser, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Released 7 yrs ago (3/27/2007 UTC) at The Post Office in A fellow BookCrosser, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Sent to GorgeousGlo via surface mail.

Journal Entry 4 by GorgeousGlo on Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Yupi! Book arrived safe and sound today. This is the April selection of the Second Life book club. Thanks AJsmom for trading!

Journal Entry 5 by GorgeousGlo on Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Insufferable. I tried, because this was for our book club meeting, but i just couldn't hack it. On page 122 I called it quits. The first thing that turned me off is the contrived format of the book. The story starts right on the front cover, continues on the inside cover, and keeps going like that. No room for the copyright, edition, etc, which are relegated to the very back of the book. There were other "cute" details, like photographs, cutout silhouettes, pages purposely left blank, and so on. But i tried to keep an open mind. Unfortunately, the narrative was excruciatingly slow, the characters were inexplicable, there were too many loose ends. Pages and pages were devoted to booking a plane ticket. This book was going nowhere, but i was going in a downward spiral towards despair. I was right: the photographs and silhouettes were nothing but crutches to support a huge flop.

Journal Entry 6 by GorgeousGlo on Monday, August 06, 2007

RABCK to icekween01, who had this on Cliff''s list.

Mailed today, August 6, anniversary of the atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima (1945)

Journal Entry 7 by icekween01 from St. Louis, Missouri USA on Monday, August 13, 2007

received today! Thanks soo much GorgeousGlo!!! Will journal again once I''ve read it and pass it on.

Thanks again!

Happy Bookcrossing!

Journal Entry 8 by icekween01 from St. Louis, Missouri USA on Saturday, January 03, 2009

Started this one today but after looking over the journal entries I must admit I am a bit leery and fear that I may have an adverse reaction to it as well. Also, I am pretty sure that I have read another book by this author that I couldn't get through. I will have to go back and check to see but if this is the same author who wrote "A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius" which I absolutely HATED I don't hold out a lot of hope that I can stick with it. I am a little annoyed by it already and I am only on page 6. *sigh* I will keep trying.

Journal Entry 9 by icekween01 from St. Louis, Missouri USA on Sunday, January 04, 2009

I tried. This one was written by the same author as "A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius" and I just don't care for his writing style. It's very juvenile, lots of grammatical errors and just really uninteresting. blah. Not for me.

Journal Entry 10 by icekween01 at controlled release, a controlled release -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, January 18, 2009

Released 5 yrs ago (1/18/2009 UTC) at controlled release, a controlled release -- Controlled Releases

sent to ciloma to fulfill a wish

enjoy!

Journal Entry 11 by ciloma from Spirit Lake, Idaho USA on Tuesday, February 17, 2009

This came in the mail today. I *love* the binding and the first page being on the front cover. I look forward to giving this one a shot. THANX!!

Journal Entry 12 by ciloma at Spirit Lake, Idaho USA on Thursday, September 29, 2011

The thing I liked best about this book was the format. It wasn't a bad book - not my style is all.

Journal Entry 13 by ciloma at Spirit Lake, Idaho USA on Monday, October 03, 2011

Released 3 yrs ago (10/3/2011 UTC) at Spirit Lake, Idaho USA

On its way to eastbaybookmisr as a RABCK

Journal Entry 14 by eastbaybookmisr at Oakland, California USA on Thursday, October 06, 2011

"Caught" in the mail today as a surprise piggyback RABCK! Thank you! Not on my Wishlist, but for some reason the author seems to be vaguely familiar, and at a glance it appears to be something that might be kinda right up my alley. Or not, we will see...

2002 McSweenys hardcover stated First Edition. Peculiar format of the book was already well-described above.