corner corner Private Pleasures

Registered by noumena12 of Dayton, Ohio USA on Monday, October 31, 2005

status (set by Rana_Serrana): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by noumena12 from Dayton, Ohio USA on Monday, October 31, 2005

FROM THE PUBLISHER
Nora Buckley's worst nightmare has just come true. After years of being a devoted, dutiful housewife, she's found out her husband is leaving her for a younger woman. Then her friends let her in on their delicious and dirty little secret. It's called The Channel, and it lets every woman unleash passions beyond her wildest dreams. Suddenly Nora is living out her most intimate and sensuous fantasies-and before long, she realizes she can have everything she ever wanted.

Journal Entry 2 by noumena12 from Dayton, Ohio USA on Sunday, January 15, 2006

An interested premise...and an interesting way to get even. One critic referred to The Channel as "mysterious interactive service for sex-starved women." While Nora has been deprived throughout her marriage by her husband, this is not about "sex-starved" women...it is about each of us having our fantasies and having an opportunity to explore them. Apparently, in the "real world" women aren't allowed to have fantasies...but that's not true in this book!

Journal Entry 3 by noumena12 from Dayton, Ohio USA on Monday, February 27, 2006

On the way to Kyrissaean as part of the BookRelayer's Erotica Swap...Happy Reading!

Journal Entry 4 by Kyrissaean from Littleton, New Hampshire USA on Friday, March 03, 2006

It's here! Thanks Nou! :) I've heard a lot of positive recommendations about this book!

***reserved for Camis after reading***

Journal Entry 5 by Kyrissaean from Littleton, New Hampshire USA on Saturday, June 17, 2006

Hmmm.... Pretty good, fast, and fun, if a little shallow. I kept waiting for the story to take a strong sci-fi turn or for things to get a little more traditionally romancey and flesh out some of the characters a bit more. And it turned out neither was the case! I was willing to go along with the way things turned out, though, and enjoyed the fact that the main characters were real adults -- albeit in very unreal situations at times! The book leaves a lot of unanswered questions in terms of world-building and plot if you're interested in anything but surface stuff. (Like, how'd the boys get involved then? Does this exist somehow for men? Is that why they're all going to bed early? If it exists all over, then how does anything on the planet get accomplished?!!)

Anyhoo, I zipped right through this, and next it's off to Camis as part of a swap.

Journal Entry 6 by Kyrissaean from Littleton, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Off to xallroyx for Camis's M-bag!

Journal Entry 7 by xallroyx from Huntington Beach, California USA on Wednesday, July 05, 2006

received for camis' m-bag

Journal Entry 8 by xallroyx from Huntington Beach, California USA on Wednesday, October 11, 2006

mailed today to camis!

Journal Entry 9 by camis from Tharston, Norfolk United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Received safely in my m-bag - thank you!

Journal Entry 10 by camis from Tharston, Norfolk United Kingdom on Sunday, March 25, 2007

A quick read and a fun idea - if a little far-fetched!

I think I have a new home for this, so it will hopefully have a new reader shortly.

Journal Entry 11 by camis from Tharston, Norfolk United Kingdom on Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Sending to the May EuroExchange recipient.

Journal Entry 12 by intry from Turku, Varsinais-Suomi Finland on Monday, April 02, 2007

Oooops! I opened the parcel! Didn't see a note not to open, but I should have known, since I new it was from Camis and I wasn't expecting anything from her *blush*

Anyway, I'm sure I will love the book!

Journal Entry 13 by intry at Någonstans i Stockholm in Stockholm, Stockholm Sweden on Thursday, August 02, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (8/3/2012 UTC) at Någonstans i Stockholm in Stockholm, Stockholm Sweden

Will release the book by a sculpture in the city center or Marabouparken.

Journal Entry 14 by Rana_Serrana at Skeppsholmen, Stockholm Sweden on Wednesday, August 08, 2012

I have it!