corner corner Home From The Vinyl Cafe

Home From The Vinyl Cafe
by Stuart McLean | Humor
Registered by N8an of Ottawa, Ontario Canada on Saturday, October 26, 2002

status (set by AnonymousFinder): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by N8an from Ottawa, Ontario Canada on Saturday, October 26, 2002

Folks - this is the one. "Dave Cooks the Turkey" is in here, and if you've not read it, you owe yourself to find this book and read it. Stuart McLean is Canada's Stephen Leacock Award-winning humourist with just enough wit and fun to the works that they're not silly, they're real-life hilarious.

Journal Entry 2 by N8an at -- Bus Stop (details in notes) in Ottawa, Ontario Canada on Monday, March 03, 2003

Release planned for Wednesday, March 05, 2003 at Bus Shelter at the corner of Verdon Pvt and Cahill in Ottawa, Ontario Canada.

On the forums, Aisho mentioned that for a birthday, one might cellebrate the BookCrossing way by releasing a book per year of the official day of celebration. Always - er, sometimes - one to rise to a challenge, I pondered a bit, wandered a lot, and decided to give this a shot.

March 5th, 2003, I turned 28. To celebrate, 28 books were scattered through Ottawa - most by myself, some by passing them off to individuals who visited me at the insanely early hour of 6:15 a.m. in a local 24 hour diner, or who met up with me prior to the 5th. Each visitor got a book to release somewhere a lot further away in the city than I could get to in one day (especially a day where I had to get to work in the early afternoon for a complete store inventory - Happy Birthday to me.)

So - if you found this, you found my birthday present to you. I hope you like it, I hope you pass it on to someone else, or re-release it into the wild. And hey, it's not about growing older, it's about growing.

Now - specifically about this book: YumiKid has been a good friend of mine for quite a few years now (how did time go by so fast?) and is a real fan of Stuart McLean. Couldn't think of a better title for her to release! She's also one of the few "home-owners" I know, ergo this particular title. Fly free, little book!

This was Release #15 of 28.

Journal Entry 3 by N8an from Ottawa, Ontario Canada on Sunday, July 27, 2003

No longer there! I hope it is being enjoyed. :)

Journal Entry 4 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Kingston, Ontario Canada on Monday, April 01, 2013

enjoy listening to this program on cbc radio while at work. got the book at christmas 2012, read it and released it in San «jose, Costa Rica in «march of 2013. left it in hotel room on my pillow as part of my tip. hope it gets around. kjd´´