corner corner When the Green Woods Laugh

When the Green Woods Laugh
by H.E. Bates | Literature & Fiction
Registered by biba89 of Deventer, Overijssel Netherlands on Monday, October 24, 2005

status (set by Petravee): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by biba89 from Deventer, Overijssel Netherlands on Monday, October 24, 2005

This belonged to an old friend of my parents, who passed away when I was still a child. I guess he bought it in 1973, when it came out.
I will read and release it now.

Journal Entry 2 by biba89 from Deventer, Overijssel Netherlands on Sunday, October 30, 2005

All in all a nice read, if you look past the apparent alcoholism, sexism and ingestion of saturated fats. Oh, I guess this is the sixties for you. Apart from being a tad outdated, it depicts a fine family, good-natured, generous, loving and fun-loving. I especially enjoyed the scene at the Jerebohm dinner.

Journal Entry 3 by biba89 at -- Wild Released somewhere in Johannesburg in Johannesburg, Gauteng South Africa on Thursday, December 08, 2005

Released 9 yrs ago (12/10/2005 UTC) at -- Wild Released somewhere in Johannesburg in Johannesburg, Gauteng South Africa

On the road towards South Africa! Through Deventer, Arnhem, Amsterdam and abroad.

Journal Entry 4 by OBCZMamaTembo from Johannesburg, Gauteng South Africa on Thursday, April 06, 2006

Book received by OBCZ Fourways. Many thanks for your kind donation!

Journal Entry 5 by Petravee from Johannesburg, Gauteng South Africa on Monday, July 10, 2006

Caught at Mama Themba's bookcrossing gathering.