corner corner The Other Side of the Dale

The Other Side of the Dale
by Gervase Phinn | Literature & Fiction
Registered by Dorothyredboots of York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on 10/12/2005

status (set by Roobarb14): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by Dorothyredboots from York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 12, 2005

I bought this after hearing Gervase Phinn give an excellent after dinner speech. I bet he was a fabulous teacher! His writing style is also lively and entertaining. Like a lot of books of this nature my interest flagged towards the end as the stories all become a bit 'samey'. I'm not sure about the dialect either - makes us Yorkshire folk sound very odd indeed!

Journal Entry 2 by Dorothyredboots at BBC Radio York Studios, Bootham in York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Released 10 yrs ago (11/28/2007 UTC) at BBC Radio York Studios, Bootham in York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

Journal Entry 3 by BBC-Radio-York from York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, November 29, 2007

Available at the OBCZ in reception at BBC Radio York, Bootham Row. Open 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday.

Journal Entry 4 by Roobarb14 from Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, March 27, 2008

Took it from the shelf at BBC Radio York. Thank you for putting it there.