corner corner Santa Steps Out

Santa Steps Out
by Robert Devereaux | Horror
Registered by SandDanz of New Albany, Indiana USA on 10/9/2005

status (set by CheriePie): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by SandDanz from New Albany, Indiana USA on Sunday, October 09, 2005

pc

Journal Entry 2 by SandDanz at -- By Hand or Post, Ray/ring, Rabck, Meet-up in Indianapolis, Indiana USA on Friday, March 03, 2006

Released 11 yrs ago (3/4/2006 UTC) at -- By Hand or Post, Ray/ring, Rabck, Meet-up in Indianapolis, Indiana USA

Giving this one to Pepper at the Indy bag sale tomorrow to give to Noumena when she sees her on Sunday! :)

Nou - This is a PC book... I'd like it back. :)

Journal Entry 3 by PepperVL from Cincinnati, Ohio USA on Sunday, March 05, 2006

His generosity is legendary. He has a team of flying reindeer, hordes of industrious helpers, and the love of boys and girls around the world. But what long forgotten, unholy urges are awakening in Santa's mind? Who was he before, and what will he become now? What is driving him into the evil clutches of a certain fairy? Will Christmas survive? Will any of us survive?

I got this book from Sand to pass on to Noumena, but it looked interesting, so I decided to read it before passing it on.

Interesting is definitely a good word for it. This book is definitely not your typical story about Santa, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy. It was amusing at times and very disturbing at others. This book is definitely not for the faint of heart.

I'll update this journal entry with a link to my full review as soon as I get it written.

This book is going to Noumena at dinner tonight.

Journal Entry 4 by PepperVL from Cincinnati, Ohio USA on Sunday, March 05, 2006

This book is going to Noumena at dinner tonight.

Journal Entry 5 by noumena12 from Dayton, Ohio USA on Sunday, March 05, 2006

Arrived safe and sound

Journal Entry 6 by noumena12 from Dayton, Ohio USA on Monday, December 31, 2007

Sending as a RABCK to CheriePie! Happy Reading! This is one F---up book I'm sure you will enjoy!

Journal Entry 7 by SandDanz from New Albany, Indiana USA on Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Just a reminder that this is a PC book of mine so eventually I'd like it back, but no hurry.

Journal Entry 8 by CheriePie from Campbell, California USA on Wednesday, January 09, 2008

I just scrolled down and noticed that Rhonda added a note. Don't worry sweety.... I was just trying to decide whether to classify this on my end (in my software) as a Ring/Ray or just a Reserved, like any other borrowed books. So Reserved it is, since I expect it doesn't really have a time line attached. :)

Thank you for letting me at this one... I was on a bookring for this awhile back that never made it here so I'm looking forward to reading this eventually, even if it's NOT until Holiday Season 2008! :P

Thanks Rhonda and Ann! And hi to Nessa! ::hugs::

Journal Entry 9 by CheriePie at Campbell, California USA on Friday, July 27, 2012

My Review
What do you get when you take the myths of Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, and the Easter Bunny, turn them on their heads, and add in a little bit of naughtiness and perversity? If you said Santa Steps Out: A Fairy Tale for Grown-Ups then you would be correct.

This story is both shocking and titillating, yet funny and reflective. I can't say I found it to be a super read. Perhaps it's because I've read too many great books lately (Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy, Hunger Games trilogy) to feel this was in the same league as those. And though I kept losing interest in the beginning and had trouble getting beyond the first few chapters, I read on nonetheless and found it more interesting as the story progressed, with a bit more of an underlying story going on beyond just Santa doing the Tooth Fairy every which way to Sunday.

I didn't always care for the way the author portrayed some of these characters. It's not because he turned them into highly sexual beings, for I'm not a prude by any stretch of the imagination, but some of their actions seemed a bit forced or cliche to me, almost as if you could tell they were written by a guy, with a guy's fantasies.

I'd definitely say this book belongs in the Erotica genre as opposed to the Dark Fantasy/Horror genre where it currently resides. Though the antics of the Tooth Fairy could well fit into horror at times, the actions throughout the rest of the book. and the language it uses, would definitely categorize it as erotica. And it is that part which kept me reading, and the fact that I found some of the sex scenes kind of hot. ;-)

Rhonda told me she acquired a new copy of this book and no longer needs this one back so I'm gonna share it around. :)

Journal Entry 10 by CheriePie at San Jose, California USA on Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (8/7/2012 UTC) at San Jose, California USA

Handed off to my friend Shannon. :)