corner corner One for the Money

One for the Money
by Janet Evanovich | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by usedtobe on 10/8/2005

status (set by usedtobe): permanent collection

Journal Entry 1 by usedtobe on Saturday, October 08, 2005

"Stephanie Plum is down on her luck. She's lost her job at New Jersey's most down-market lingerie store, her car's on the brink of repossession, and her apartment is fast becoming furniture-free. Enter Cousin Vinnie, a low-life who runs a bail-bond company. If Stephanie can bring in vice cop turned outlaw Joe Morelli, she stands to pick up $10,000.
But tracking down a cop wanted for murder isn't easy. And suddenly Stephanie has another problem on her hands. Benito Ramirez, a prize-fighter with more menace than mentality, wants her to be his friend - and he won't take no for an answer. Soon Stephanie begins to know exactly what it feels like to be pursued - and the best person to protect her just happens to be on the run..."

Penguin Books, Paperback, 290 pages

Journal Entry 2 by usedtobe on Sunday, September 24, 2006

I'm so glad I finally got around to reading this book, I shouldn't have left it so long in my TBR pile. This book is part cozy mystery and part chick lit, I laughed out loud in certain parts, especially the part about the handcuffs and the shower rail. But I should have guessed it would have a good story, a lingerie store employee who turns bounty hunter, at least it's original and downright funny.
I sure want to continue reading this series! :o)

Journal Entry 3 by fflloorr from Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Tuesday, November 28, 2006

it's with me

Journal Entry 4 by fflloorr from Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Finished this book some time ago. I liked it, but it's not one of my favourite chick-lit authors.
Some parts were really funny but I don't know if I want to read more of this Stephanie Plum's series.
Thanks Virgulina for one more loan.

Journal Entry 5 by usedtobe on Monday, May 14, 2007