corner corner Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil (unabridged cassette)

Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil (unabridged cassette)
by John Berendt | Audiobooks
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 10/5/2005

status (set by jfroebe): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, October 05, 2005

I'd enjoyed the novel when I read it some years back, and was thrilled to find that there's an unabridged-audio version - read by one of my favorite audiobook readers, Jeff Woodman! I picked up this copy secondhand, and one or two of the tapes may be a bit fragile, but so far it's just lovely...

Later: All the tapes behaved themselves, and I enjoyed listening to the story very much. Woodman had a lot of fun with some of the voices, especially Chablis and the old voodoo woman, and I got to spend more time walking the streets of Savannah. [I also picked up on more details from the various trials than I recall from the first time I read the book - another advantage to re-reading via audio.]

***
Update, 4/2006: I took this along with me to the BookCrossing convention in Toronto, and left this on the "book buffet"; glad to see that jfroebe picked it up!

Journal Entry 2 by jfroebe from Flossmoor, Illinois USA on Monday, April 24, 2006

Picked this up at the 2006 Bookcrossing Convention in Toronto. I'm giving it to my dad - a owner/operator of his own semi-truck. He listens to a lot of audio books while on the road.

Journal Entry 3 by jfroebe at The Cookie Maker and the Truck Daddy-O in Mandan, North Dakota USA on Monday, April 24, 2006

Released 11 yrs ago (4/24/2006 UTC) at The Cookie Maker and the Truck Daddy-O in Mandan, North Dakota USA