corner corner The Sherbrooke Bride

The Sherbrooke Bride
by Catherine Coulter | Romance
Registered by cyber-librarian of Cary, North Carolina USA on Sunday, October 02, 2005

status (set by cyber-librarian): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by cyber-librarian from Cary, North Carolina USA on Sunday, October 02, 2005

I bought this yesterday at Algonquin Library book sale for 50 cents.

c. 1992 -- 409 pages -- Paperback -- #1 Bride Trilogy

Back Cover: Dear Reader ... Douglas Sherbrooke, Earl of Northcliffe, is a man besieged. He must have an heir. Thus he must first provide himself with the requistic bride.

Alexandra Chambers, youngest daughter of the Duke of Beresford, has loved Douglas Sherbrooke since she was 15. Unfortunately, it is her sister, the incomparable Melissande, he wishes to wed.

But life never ladles out what one expects, and Douglas finds himself wed to the wrong sister. If having an unwanted wife isn't enough, he is also plagued by The Virgin Bride, a ghost that is reputedly seen in the countess's bedchamber. Does the willowy phantom really appear to Douglas? Does she speak to him?

I hope you enjoy reading about the exploits of Alexandra and Douglas as much as I enjoyed writing them. You will see them again in The Hellion Bride, novel 2 of the Bride Trilogy. -- Catherine Coulter