corner corner Paradise

Paradise
by A.L. Kennedy | Literature & Fiction
Registered by Lady-B of Truro, Cornwall United Kingdom on Sunday, September 25, 2005

status (set by bookreader99): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Lady-B from Truro, Cornwall United Kingdom on Sunday, September 25, 2005

I thought this was an astonishing book. The writing is hugely stylish and the subject matter is compelling and absorbing. I loved the black humour (sometimes feeling guilty for smiling as I read) and revelled in A.L. Kennedy's inspired use of language. Marvellous. I'll be on the look-out for more of her writing in the future.

Journal Entry 2 by Lady-B at -- controlled release in -- Controlled release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Sunday, September 25, 2005

Released 8 yrs ago (9/29/2005 UTC) at -- controlled release in -- Controlled release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Journal Entry 3 by skippy-humbug from Truro, Cornwall United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Thanks Lady B - I will read it soon!

Journal Entry 4 by skippy-humbug from Truro, Cornwall United Kingdom on Sunday, July 30, 2006

Couldn't get on with the book at all. Gave up after only 30 pages.

Journal Entry 5 by skippy-humbug at Piazza in Truro, Cornwall United Kingdom on Sunday, July 30, 2006

Released 8 yrs ago (7/30/2006 UTC) at Piazza in Truro, Cornwall United Kingdom

Journal Entry 6 by bookreader99 on Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Very difficult to keep reading, but persevered, and as book went on realised that this was exactly what the author wanted - reading about the main characters life which was also hard going! I became gripped with wanting to know what was going to happen, and also absorbed by getting 'under the skin' of something that was alien to me (addiction to alchohol). I reckon this should be read by all professional working with alcoholics. It was a revelation.

CAUGHT IN TRURO CORNWALL ENGLAND

Journal Entry 7 by bookreader99 at Sainsbury's coffee shop, Springfeld in Chelmsford, Essex United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Released 8 yrs ago (8/16/2006 UTC) at Sainsbury's coffee shop, Springfeld in Chelmsford, Essex United Kingdom