corner corner No Second Chance

No Second Chance
by Harlan Coben | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by Sterile of Burnley, Lancashire United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 21, 2005

status (set by lostbookisland): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by Sterile from Burnley, Lancashire United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Marc Seidman's idyllic world is brutally ripped apart when he is gunned down in his home. Twelve days later he wakes up in hospital to learn that his wife is dead and his baby daughter is missing. A ransom demand is made and agreed to. But something goes terribly wrong. The kidnappers escape, and Marc remembers the ransom note's ominous warning: there will be no second chance. An agonising eighteen months pass with no word. And then, as Marc has just about given up all hope of seeing his daughter again, a package arrives with a note attached: want a second chance? The note is chilling, but Marc sees only one thing: the chance to save his daughter. And, haunted by deception and deadly secrets - about his wife, about an old love, and about his own past - he vows to bring Tara home ...at any cost

Journal Entry 2 by Sterile at Bookbox in Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Released 8 yrs ago (9/28/2005 UTC) at Bookbox in Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Released into Cartref's box with the elastic sides.

Journal Entry 3 by StoryChaser from Waterlooville, Hampshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Caught from cartref bookbox. Thanks for sharing. I LOVE bookcrossing....

Journal Entry 4 by StoryChaser from Waterlooville, Hampshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 18, 2005

This is a great story, so full of twists and turns it kept me guessing right to the end, which incidentaly was after midnight last night...! Just had to read that last bit no matter how long it took.

I think I will send this out as a bookray, it deserves to be found and read again not left languishing in the unknown.

List of participants:

heles7 UK
safrolistics UK
abrokenstar UK
weebly UK
babykittysmama USA <-- It's here.
Lil-Snoo USA
blakkat-BNE Aus

Enjoy :)

Journal Entry 5 by sadogs from Telford, Shropshire United Kingdom on Thursday, October 27, 2005

received the book in the post - already reading it and will post on by the weekend!

Journal Entry 6 by sadogs from Telford, Shropshire United Kingdom on Thursday, November 03, 2005

Phew that was good! Thanks for that really enjoyed the book and it kept you guessing all the wayto the end and I had to stop myself from reading the last few pages to find out what happens! will post onto nyassa this weekend.

Journal Entry 7 by nyassa from Deal, Kent United Kingdom on Saturday, November 12, 2005

Arrived safely, many thanks for the book and the great postcard!

Journal Entry 8 by nyassa from Deal, Kent United Kingdom on Monday, November 28, 2005

Excellent, a gripping tale which keeps you going right up to the unexpected ending! I read Harlan Coben's Tell No One, and then Gone For Good fairly soon afterwards and thought they were not unalike as far as plot went. This looked as though it would go in the same direction but thankfully it didn't. A great and compelling read.

I just need calalilliy's address and it will be on its way.

Journal Entry 9 by calalilly from Waterlooville, Hampshire United Kingdom on Thursday, December 08, 2005

Arrived in the post today. I am looking forward to reading this as it's another new author for me. Thank you Storychaser for this.

Journal Entry 10 by calalilly from Waterlooville, Hampshire United Kingdom on Monday, December 12, 2005

Brilliant book, I couldn't put it down once I started it. Will definitely look for more of his books. Thank you Storychaser for this ring. Have emailed gembear for her address.

Journal Entry 11 by Gembear from Melbourne, Victoria Australia on Saturday, December 31, 2005

Received today, thanks Callalilly. The journal entries are very intriguing so I shall make it the first book for 2006, and it will also be a new author for me too!

Journal Entry 12 by Gembear from Melbourne, Victoria Australia on Thursday, January 19, 2006

Brilliant read that had me gripped from the very first page. I started it on the train down to London, told my friend all about it while I was there so she is now hunting down Harlan Coben books, read some more on the way back and finished the rest off in bed instead of sleeping. I just love a book with lots of unexpected twists and turns but the conclusion did really surprise me. I didn't see that coming! I actually finished this days ago but I've been having trouble getting onto the site, logging in and getting the journal page to come up. Now that it's working I'm off to hunt down Heles7UK so I can pass it on.

Journal Entry 13 by heles7 from Manchester, Greater Manchester United Kingdom on Saturday, February 25, 2006

Sorry for not checking in sooner. The book arrived safely a couple of weeks ago but I'm afraid while I've been useless at logging on here; I have been busy reading and have whizzed right through No Second Chance.

Storychaser sums it up really well; the twists and turns really do keep you guessing and there were a few nights were I was reading well into the early hours.

I'll send it onto Safrolistics as soon as I get the address.

Journal Entry 14 by Safrolistics from Newbiggin-By-The-Sea, Northumberland United Kingdom on Monday, March 06, 2006

Received today, totaly forgot I'd signed up for this, I have one to read before it.

Journal Entry 15 by Safrolistics from Newbiggin-By-The-Sea, Northumberland United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Phew, just finished it, it wasn't my usual choice of books, but I'm glad I signed up for it, I'll defo keep an eye out for more Harlan Coben next time I'm in the bookshop.
I'll pop it in the post as soon as I get abrokenstar's addy, addinb my own postcard to the collection of course!

alt="Click here to join bccov">
Click to join bccov

Journal Entry 16 by Safrolistics at -- controlled release in -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Released 8 yrs ago (3/15/2006 UTC) at -- controlled release in -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Journal Entry 17 by abrokenstarr from Reading, Berkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, June 24, 2006

Arrived this morning!

Not lost after all.

Journal Entry 18 by abrokenstarr from Reading, Berkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, July 22, 2006

Well, an interesting, roller coaster of a book, as always.

Read it in two sittings, which was rather nice, always good to hit the TBR!

Will post to Weebly when I have an address.

27/7/06 Going to try and drive this over to Milton Keynes next week so that Weebly can get it from there.

Journal Entry 19 by abrokenstarr from Reading, Berkshire United Kingdom on Monday, August 14, 2006

I'm driving this to Milton Keyenes today to be taken to the Salcey Forest meetup and passed to Weebly there. She will get it on Saturday.

Sorry I didn't sort it out sooner, but there are a couple of books going with it and I couldn't face the postage charges. (However, an excuse for a shopping trip and I'm there...)

Journal Entry 20 by weebly from Hartwell, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Saturday, August 19, 2006

The book arrived via bookcrosser Korky who works at MK library. Thanks for going beyond the call of duty to pass the book on by hand! I am looking forward to reading it soon.

Journal Entry 21 by weebly from Hartwell, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Thursday, August 24, 2006

A fantastic read yet again - read in 2 days on my hols in a damp caravan in Essex! My Mum picked it up to read too and is more than half way through it so I thought you wouldn't mind if I let her finish it and send it on next week. She too thinks it is an excellent book.

Thanks for sharing.

Release in the 2006 Keep Them Moving Challenge. #26

Journal Entry 22 by babykittysmama from Redondo Beach, California USA on Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Received and on to of Mt. TBR - Can't wait to dive into this one!!!

Journal Entry 23 by lostbookisland on Sunday, September 23, 2007

This book has washed ashore at the Lost Book Island after not being heard from for many months. This new arrival will be shown to a room and be allowed a bit of rest before being introduced to the many fun things to do here at the island.

All around there are books sipping cool drinks under shady palms while other books participate in a wide variety of beach sports. There is plenty of sand, surf and sun here for all of the lost and wayward books to enjoy.

It is hoped that very soon a new journal entry will come to rescue this book from the island and send it back out into the BookCrossing world so that it may continue on its journey. It is hoped that the new journal entry will tell all the interested parties where this book has been this long time and where it will be traveling to next.