corner corner Miss Smilla's Feeling for Snow

Miss Smilla's Feeling for Snow
by Peter Hoeg, Felicity David | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingkinediwing of Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom on 9/19/2005

status (set by OBCZ-Scandi): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingkinediwing from Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom on Monday, September 19, 2005

A little boy falls off a roof in Copenhagen and is killed. Smilla, his neighbour, suspects it is not an accident: she has seen his footsteps in the snow, and, having been brought up by her mother, a Greenlander, she has a feeling for snow.

Great touching and thrilling story !

Journal Entry 2 by wingkinediwing from Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom on Monday, October 31, 2005

RABCK for barbje in Holland :o) Hope you'll enjoy this book - just in time for winter too.

Journal Entry 3 by wingkinediwing at fellow bookcrossing member in by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Released 12 yrs ago (11/2/2005 UTC) at fellow bookcrossing member in by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Off on a little journey to Holland !

Journal Entry 4 by wingBarbjewing from Gouda, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Friday, November 04, 2005

It has arrived today! It looks great... I have to finish two bookrings first, but I guess other books will just have to wait... Thank you for this rabck!

Journal Entry 5 by wingBarbjewing from Gouda, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Sunday, December 23, 2007

OK, it had to wait a little bit longer, but I finished this book with really cold weather and white trees, not really what we're used to in The Netherlands ;-)

I liked the book a lot, allthough I sometimes had problems following the plot, for two reasons: sometimes my English wasn't good enough and I didn't have the time to sit and read for a few hours, so the story became 'fragmented'.

The story was compelling enough to remain interesting, though. So every weekend I picked it up again. I think it's a very original story, from a surprising (greenlandish) perspective. It's great to learn more about the world while reading an exciting story.

In my head it's linked to The God of Small Things, because that novel too was hard for me to read in English and had an 'exotic' setting.

Thank you very much for sending me this book kinedi!! I will make sure this book finds another reader.

Journal Entry 6 by monalisaa from Rijswijk (ZH), Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Monday, June 23, 2008

This book was left at the meeting yesterday so I took it with me to release it in OBCZ-Schlemmer some time.

Journal Entry 7 by wingOBCZ-Scandiwing from Groningen, Groningen Netherlands on Saturday, November 22, 2008

Monalisaa, heel veel dank voor dit boek voor OBCZ-Scandi! Het zal vast spoedig nieuwe lezers vinden.

Journal Entry 8 by wingOBCZ-Scandiwing at Scandinavisch dorp (Paterswolde) in Groningen, Groningen Netherlands on Saturday, November 22, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (11/22/2008 UTC) at Scandinavisch dorp (Paterswolde) in Groningen, Groningen Netherlands

This book will be left in the Scandinavian-themed OBCZ in Paterswolde today, together with seven other books. Readers, enjoy!