corner corner Dandelion Wine

Dandelion Wine
by Ray Bradbury | Literature & Fiction
Registered by Llednyl of Richwood, Ohio USA on 9/8/2005

status (set by Llednyl): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Llednyl from Richwood, Ohio USA on Thursday, September 08, 2005

Ray Bradbury is one of my favorite authors. I remember sitting outside and reading this in the summer a couple years ago. The book is beautiful, that's really the only way to describe it. A book that makes me cry, in a good way. About all the little things that end up being most important in life.

Journal Entry 2 by Llednyl from Richwood, Ohio USA on Thursday, March 22, 2007

I am sending this out for an international Bookring! I chose to write a huge a paper on this book for a creative writing class last semester, so it remains a story that's very close to me.

The participants:

platypussj - U.K.
microsquid - Ireland
freddysmydog - U.S.
Thursday5 - U.S.
Back Home to Llednyl - U.S.

Please try to read this and send it along within about a month - I understand if it takes a little longer because, well, life happens... just don't forget about it! Thanks for your interest in this book!

Journal Entry 3 by rem_XNE-725303 on Sunday, April 15, 2007

Found this book in my mail when I arrived home last night........thank you for this ring, I am ready for a good read!

Journal Entry 4 by rem_XNE-725303 on Thursday, April 19, 2007

This is not just a book, it is a gift, like poetry to savour, for a million little reasons.....I enjoyed it very much. Thanks for this bookring Llednyl, I loved every minute of it.
It is now on its way to ivylibra224........happy reading!

Journal Entry 5 by ivylibra224 from Kimberling City, Missouri USA on Thursday, April 26, 2007

I just received this book in the mail today! YEAH! I've heard so many great things about it! I'll start reading it as soon as I finish Rabbit Redux (I'm about 1/3 through it now).

Journal Entry 6 by ivylibra224 from Kimberling City, Missouri USA on Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I absolutely LOVED this book! I think this should be a must read! I know I'll be picking up inexpensive copies of this one to pass on! A great story! It's now moving on to the next in line.

Journal Entry 7 by zosime from Marshfield, Wisconsin USA on Sunday, May 20, 2007

Thank you for including me in this ring! I love Bradbury's short stories, but haven't read one of his novels yet. I'll start on this as soon as I finish the book I'm reading now.

Journal Entry 8 by zosime from Marshfield, Wisconsin USA on Tuesday, August 07, 2007

For some reason I''m having trouble getting an new entry to stick to this book. Sorry for the delay!

I had a tough time starting this book, but when I came back to it for a second try I loved it. The novel had such a unique feel and flow, and it left me feeling good about life. Thank you so much for including me in this ring!

I mailed the book to the next reader on 7/31.

Journal Entry 9 by concertina8 from Wien Bezirk 13 - Hietzing, Wien Austria on Wednesday, August 08, 2007

came in the mail today

Journal Entry 10 by concertina8 from Wien Bezirk 13 - Hietzing, Wien Austria on Friday, August 24, 2007

I can only agree with what the other participants have said. What a wonderful book. This was the 3rd book by Ray Bradbury I read - the second "magical childhood" story, the other being "Something Wicked this Way Comes" (which BTW, I highly recommend).

Not a novel in the linear sense, but a collection of episodes that could all have taken place during one summer. Really entertaining and 'swell'.

Waiting for the next address to send it on.

Journal Entry 11 by concertina8 at Sent surface mail to the next on the list in By mail, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Monday, August 27, 2007

Released 10 yrs ago (8/27/2007 UTC) at Sent surface mail to the next on the list in By mail, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

off to the next participant

Journal Entry 12 by JamsODonnellToo from Köln, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Friday, August 31, 2007

Book arrived today, thanks concertina8! Can't wait to read it, but I have a long list of bookrings to go through before this one, so please be patient... I'm doing my best. :)

Journal Entry 13 by JamsODonnellToo from Köln, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Thursday, November 22, 2007

First of all, sorry sorry SORRY for keeping this book so long! I'm reading it now, I'll be done by the weekend and I have already contacted the next in line to get their address, so I'll hopefully be able to mail the book on as soon as I finish it. More later...

Update Dec 2: no answer from platypussj after two PMs, trying microsquid now.
Update Dec 3: platypussj sent me her address last night after all, book is on its way to the UK at last!

It took me a relatively long time to get through this book. The powerful style, the summer-afternoon heat it conveys, made me go to sleep faster than I would have wished. But I liked it very much, I only knew Bradbury from "Fahrenheit 451" and I'm always pleased to find out that a writer's works can be so diverse. Thanks a lot for sending "Dandelion Wine" around, and again, apologies for keeping it so long, *blush*

Journal Entry 14 by platypussj from Colchester, Essex United Kingdom on Friday, December 21, 2007

Forgot to log arrival last week! Thank you JamsODonnellToo. I have a hefty tome in front of this one but will get on to is asap!!

Journal Entry 15 by platypussj from Colchester, Essex United Kingdom on Saturday, April 05, 2008

I love this book, the words are like nectar. If ever there was summer in a book, this is it. Ray Bradbury is one of my favourites anyway, and he makes the place, the people and the time quite magical. A book that highlights the joy that can be taken in the smallest delights.

Thank you so much Llednyl for sharing your wonderful and delicate book.

To be posted to microsquid on Monday.

Journal Entry 16 by platypussj from Colchester, Essex United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Posted to microsquid today.

Journal Entry 17 by microsquid from Cobh, Co. Cork Ireland on Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Just landed on my desk at work - thank you!

Journal Entry 18 by microsquid from Cobh, Co. Cork Ireland on Tuesday, June 03, 2008

I love Ray Bradbury's prose - the lyricism he brings to the simple things of summer. I also enjoyed the varied vignettes in the book and the breadth of characters, from the colonel to the retired beauty.
Thanks for sharing - I'll send it on to the States as soon as I'm back from holiday.

Journal Entry 19 by Thursday5 from Columbus, Ohio USA on Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Great book-Ray Bradbury is a favorite author. I'll send it on as soon as I get the address.
I appreciate you patience Llednyl with my slowness in getting it sent on-we have had illness and deaths in the family that kept me from keeping up the way I usually do.

Journal Entry 20 by Llednyl from Richwood, Ohio USA on Monday, June 22, 2009

Came in the mail a couple days ago but forgot to journal. Thanks everyone for participating and making this bookring a success! It was a great pleasure to be able to share one of my favorite books with you.

Journal Entry 21 by Llednyl from Richwood, Ohio USA on Sunday, July 12, 2009

Gave to my boyfriend the other day.