corner corner Seize the Night

Registered by wss4 of Branford, Florida USA on 8/23/2005

status (set by Davidh57): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wss4 from Branford, Florida USA on Tuesday, August 23, 2005

FROM THE PUBLISHER
Moonlight Bay, California. A safe, secluded small town that is at its most picturesque in the gentle nighttimes that inspired its name. Now, somewhere in the night, children are disappearing. From their homes. From the streets. The police cannot be trusted to solve the mystery because in Moonlight Bay the police work their hardest to conceal crimes and silence the complainants rather than catch the perpetrators. They were long ago corrupted by a greater authority, hidden behind the supposedly shuttered walls of the adjacent military base, Fort Wyvern. When he sets out to find the missing five-year-old son of a former sweetheart, Christopher Snow believes the lost children are still alive. He is convinced the disappearances have everything to do with the catastrophic effects of secret research conducted deep within Fort Wyvern. To keep those secrets, extremely violent and powerful forces are willing to conceal even the most heinous crimes. But Christopher Snow has developed a secret advantage of his own. His rare genetic disorder - xeroderma pigmentosum, XP - leaves him dangerously vulnerable to light. Forced to live in the shadows, Christopher Snow knows the night world better than anyone, even those adversaries who seem at one with darkness.

~~~~~

I ordered this book because it sounded good. When I got it I realized that I had already read it-- and it WAS good. LOL

Journal Entry 2 by wss4 at Media Mail in Virtual Almost Anything Goes Bookbox, Virtual Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Released 12 yrs ago (9/7/2005 UTC) at Media Mail in Virtual Almost Anything Goes Bookbox, Virtual Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Sending this out as part of the 'Virtual Almost Anything Goes bookbox'. Happy Reading!!

Journal Entry 3 by reptlian from Tracy, California USA on Thursday, September 15, 2005

I just received it today from 'The Virtual Anything Goes Bookbox'. Thank you so much!

Journal Entry 4 by reptlian from Tracy, California USA on Thursday, September 29, 2005

I wasn't able to really get into this book... but it wasn't the book's fault. I've been sick and couldn't concentrate on it. But overall the story was good, and it had some good parts that I liked.
______________________________________________________________________________

Reserved for Megi53.

Journal Entry 5 by Megi53 from Danville, Virginia USA on Saturday, January 14, 2006

Thanks so much for offering books on the BC forum -- I got in over my head with "owing" books last year and had to send off my copy of Seize the Night to another BCer before I finished it. I'm thrilled to have another (and much nicer condition than my first one!) copy to read at leisure.

Looking forward to Snowman's new adventures.

Journal Entry 6 by Megi53 at River Walk Trail in Danville, Virginia USA on Thursday, August 28, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (8/28/2008 UTC) at River Walk Trail in Danville, Virginia USA

Near Libby Hill.

Journal Entry 7 by Davidh57 from Danville, Virginia USA on Monday, April 20, 2009

I purchased this book from Goodwill Thrift store in Danville, Virginia. As is my SOP (standard operating procedure), I will donate this book back to Goodwill now that I have finished it. This is the 3rd Dean Koontz novel that I have read and is my favorite. The other two are "The Door To December" and "Phantoms".