corner corner The Dead of Night

The Dead of Night
by John Marsden | Literature & Fiction
Registered by whitequeen of Ipswich, Queensland Australia on 8/22/2005

status (set by StNipe): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by whitequeen from Ipswich, Queensland Australia on Monday, August 22, 2005

1994 Hardcover. Different(...and better)cover.

Second in the Tomorrow Series. Well I had to buy it! Australia has been invaded.

"Let no stranger intrude here, no invader trespass.
This was ours, and this we would defend."

Journal Entry 2 by whitequeen at Australia Post - Controlled Release in Ipswich, Queensland Australia on Monday, August 22, 2005

Released 12 yrs ago (8/22/2005 UTC) at Australia Post - Controlled Release in Ipswich, Queensland Australia

Off to wombles....the next installment.

Journal Entry 3 by wombles from Caboolture, Queensland Australia on Wednesday, August 24, 2005

received this today, have already read a few chapters, couldn't wait to read it! I'm surprised how brave these kids are, I would still be hiding under a bed somewhere! Thanks heaps Whitequeen!

Journal Entry 4 by wombles at Stones Corner Cafe and Bar in Stones Corner, Queensland Australia on Saturday, October 15, 2005

Released 11 yrs ago (10/15/2005 UTC) at Stones Corner Cafe and Bar in Stones Corner, Queensland Australia

at lunch/meetup

Journal Entry 5 by bookworm-BNE from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Sunday, October 16, 2005

Thanks Whitqueen and Wombles, I have been contemplating reading these books for some time. I'll bring the back to the Brisbane group eventually... (Mt TBR!)

Journal Entry 6 by whitequeen from Ipswich, Queensland Australia on Sunday, December 18, 2005

Thanks wombles and bookworm-BNE!
Collected the first five in the Tomorrow series at our Brisbane Xmas party.

I suggested we send all five off internationally so I will post on the BC forums and see what happens........

Journal Entry 7 by whitequeen at Ipswich, Queensland Australia on Wednesday, September 08, 2010

To kidwrangler...with the movie out this week I guess everyone will want to know, "What happens next....?"

Journal Entry 8 by kidwrangler at Gold Coast, Queensland Australia on Friday, September 10, 2010

I have been gagging to know what happens next even without seeing the movie (yet)! I think I'll be putting my harder to read book to one side for a little while (hee,hee).

Sent to me by Whitequeen with more of the series as I was hooked after reading the first. Thanks for answering my plea for 'more, more, more, please' :)

I might try to see if there is interest in the series again now it is a movie and then set up a ring for the books.

Journal Entry 9 by kidwrangler at Gold Coast, Queensland Australia on Saturday, October 02, 2010

Released 6 yrs ago (10/2/2010 UTC) at Gold Coast, Queensland Australia

Sending to Luckaye as the first participant in a bookring for the series.

Bookring participants:
Luckaye < arrived
StNiPe (contact via eris-in-oz)

Journal Entry 10 by luckaye at Logan City, Queensland Australia on Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Arrived today - will pass on to Callam when he gets home from school - he will be pleased!

Journal Entry 11 by Callamster at Logan City, Queensland Australia on Sunday, October 10, 2010

i think the dead of the night a really good read. i really got sucked into the book and read it for hours at a time!

Journal Entry 12 by luckaye at Logan City, Queensland Australia on Friday, December 31, 2010

Released 6 yrs ago (12/31/2010 UTC) at Logan City, Queensland Australia

Onwards for this series

Journal Entry 13 by eris-in-oz at Dingley Village, Victoria Australia on Saturday, January 08, 2011

As StNiPe is away for 2 weeks when the bag arrived, I thought I'd pinch the Marsdens and read them before he gets back :-)

Journal Entry 14 by eris-in-oz at Dingley Village, Victoria Australia on Sunday, January 16, 2011

Miles better than the first one.

Journal Entry 15 by eris-in-oz at Dingley Village, Victoria Australia on Sunday, January 16, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (1/16/2011 UTC) at Dingley Village, Victoria Australia

Now for StNiPe when he comes home friday.

Journal Entry 16 by StNipe at Dingley Village, Victoria Australia on Friday, January 21, 2011

got on the way to holidays and finally got up to journaling them today.