corner corner 101 Poems to Get You Through the Day (and Night): A Survival Kit for Modern Life

Journal Entry 1 by ozone-nut from Yateley, Hampshire United Kingdom on Saturday, August 13, 2005

I love this series of poetry books. I'm blissfully ignorant when it comes to classic poetry but do recognise that this is not it. However the books are light and easy to read and seem to have an answer for every kind of mood you might find yourself in. I'm sending this to a fab bookcrosser who's been listening to too much angry music in the hope that there will be a poem in the book which suits her mood.

Journal Entry 2 by ozone-nut from Yateley, Hampshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 17, 2005

in the post 17/08/05

Journal Entry 3 by libertine101 from Perth, Western Australia Australia on Wednesday, August 24, 2005

I have alread been dipping into this book..practically as soon as I pulled it out of the postpack. Thankyou, ozone-nut, for thinking of me. :)
I so need this.

Journal Entry 4 by libertine101 from Perth, Western Australia Australia on Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I have finally finished dipping into it - 3 years later!
I love this one...though does it count as a 'poem'?

Two Cures for Love
1. Don't see him. Don't phone or write a letter.
2. The easy way: get to know him better.

- Wendy Cope.

But my fave by far is:

Last poem by Robert Desnos

I have so fiercely dreamed of you
And waked so far ans psoken of you so,
Loved a shade of you so hard
That now I've no more left of you.
I'm let to be a shade among shades
A hundred times more shade than shade
To be vast time and time again into your sun-
transfigured life.

Powerful stuff.

Journal Entry 5 by aussieangel2 from Noranda, Western Australia Australia on Sunday, October 19, 2008

Picked up at today's meetup. Adding to my tbr pile and then will re-release.

Journal Entry 6 by wingsavethechildrenwing from Perth, Western Australia Australia on Friday, May 14, 2010

Received for the OBCZ.

Journal Entry 7 by wingsavethechildrenwing at Save The Children Shop OBCZ in Tuart Hill, Western Australia Australia on Friday, May 14, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (5/14/2010 UTC) at Save The Children Shop OBCZ in Tuart Hill, Western Australia Australia

Added to Bookcrossing shelf.