corner corner Ringworld

Ringworld
by Larry Niven | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by legbamel of Fargo, North Dakota USA on 9/20/2005

status (set by alanfoxboro): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by legbamel from Fargo, North Dakota USA on Tuesday, September 20, 2005

I haven't decided how I feel about this book, so I'm sending it out on a book ring to get some other opinions! I have to say, I was having trouble with the visualization until I saw the video game Halo - now at least I can picture things (without the goofy aliens and mosters) but I still don't know if this is a really good book or not. I'll read it again when it comes back to me and decide then whether to keep it or send it on.
This copy had no ISBN that I could find, and the cover art shown on Amazon is very much *not* what is on the dust jacket of this one. I'd take a picture and upload it, but why ruin the surprise?! ;)

The order for the ring thus far is:

alanfoxboro
wyldewomin
KarenBC

Journal Entry 2 by legbamel at mailed to a fellow bookcrosser in N/A, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, September 22, 2005

Released 12 yrs ago (9/22/2005 UTC) at mailed to a fellow bookcrosser in N/A, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

Here we go on the Ringworld Ring! I'm mailing this to alanfoxboro this evening. Enjoy, all!

Journal Entry 3 by alanfoxboro from Searcy, Arkansas USA on Tuesday, September 27, 2005

I received this book today in the mail. Thanks to still-legbamel for the bookring. I will read it and post a review ASAP.

Ringworld is an entertaining science fiction story peopled with interesting and memorable characters. Niven's vision of the Ringworld is captivating to the imagination. Quite worth reading in my opinion.

Thanks again to still-legbamel for this bookring. Sorry for the delay everyone. This book is on its way to wyldewomin.