corner corner The Queen of the Tambourine

The Queen of the Tambourine
by Jane Gardam | Literature & Fiction
Registered by Mytilus of Plymouth, Devon United Kingdom on 8/2/2005

status (set by fflloorr): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Mytilus from Plymouth, Devon United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Eliza Peabody is one of those dangerously blameless women who believes she has God in her pocket. She is too enthusiastic; she talks too much. Her concern for the welfare of her wealthy South London neighbours extends to ingenuous well-meaning notes of unsolicited adviceunder the door. It is just such a one-sided correspondence that heralds Eliza's undoing. Did her letter have something to do with the woman's abrupt disappearance ? Why will no-one else speak of her? And why the watchful, pitying looks and embarassment that now greet her?

Journal Entry 2 by Mytilus from Plymouth, Devon United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 10, 2005

I loved this book. All is not as it seems in Eliza Peabody’s world and it is only towards the end of this novel that you realise just how cleverly and sympathetically this book has been written.

Highly recommended.

Journal Entry 3 by Gyd from Barcelona, Barcelona Spain on Thursday, November 03, 2005

Received safe & sound, thank you Mytilus :D
It goes to my TBR pile but hope to get to it pretty soon.

Journal Entry 4 by Gyd from Barcelona, Barcelona Spain on Saturday, April 22, 2006

I found it very interesting at the beginning but somehow I lost interest in the middle. Maybe I'll try it again later on if nobody asks for it.

Journal Entry 5 by fflloorr from Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Saturday, March 31, 2007

To be read asap and released in London afterwards :-)

Journal Entry 6 by fflloorr from Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Friday, April 06, 2007

Not my kind of book. I found it very boring :(

Journal Entry 7 by fflloorr at Glasgow International Airport, Arrivals in Prestwick Airport, -- Airports & Planes -- United Kingdom on Friday, April 06, 2007

Released 10 yrs ago (4/6/2007 UTC) at Glasgow International Airport, Arrivals in Prestwick Airport, -- Airports & Planes -- United Kingdom