corner corner Dovey Coe

Dovey Coe
by Frances O'Roark Dowell | Children's Books
Registered by Griete of Bern, Bern / Berne Switzerland on 7/31/2005

status (set by lovemylife): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Griete from Bern, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Sunday, July 31, 2005

"My name is Dovey Coe, and I reckon it don't matter if you like me or not. I'm here to lay the record straight, to let you know them folks saying I done a terrible thing are liars.... I hated Parnell Caraway as much as the next person, but I didn't kill him."

Journal Entry 2 by yourotherleft from Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, January 27, 2007

This came in the mail today. Looking forward to reading it! Thanks for making one of my wishes come true, Griete! =D

Journal Entry 3 by yourotherleft from Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, April 23, 2007

I enjoyed this book. It was a very quick read with an interesting storyline. The narrator's voice was very engaging, and though at times I wondered if the dialect wasn't slightly over the top, the author's effort to convey Dovey's voice just as if she were telling you the story was well-executed. Dovey's fierce loyalty to her family and her town as well as her determination to speak her mind even when it's a bit "inappropriate" reminded me of a good friend of mine, which added another dimension to the story for me. Thanks again for sharing this with me, Griete.

Now it's on its way to lovemylife who grabbed it from the Teen VBB on BookObsessed. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by lovemylife from Campbellsport, Wisconsin USA on Monday, April 30, 2007

The book arrived today. Thanks, YOL. It does look like a quick, interesting read.

Journal Entry 5 by lovemylife at culvers in Oshtemo, Michigan USA on Friday, July 20, 2007

Released 10 yrs ago (7/20/2007 UTC) at culvers in Oshtemo, Michigan USA

I put the book on the counter in the Ladies' restroom.