corner corner Animal Dreams

Animal Dreams
by Barbara Kingsolver | Literature & Fiction
Registered by bybee of Busan, Pusan-gwangyoksi South Korea on Tuesday, July 26, 2005

status (set by Heaven-Ali): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by bybee from Busan, Pusan-gwangyoksi South Korea on Tuesday, July 26, 2005

I read this a few years ago, when it came out, and enjoyed it very much. Now it's going to take a trip from Asia to Europe and into the hands of (I hope) a happy Bookcrosser!

Journal Entry 2 by Heaven-Ali from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Monday, August 08, 2005

What a fantastic surprise! This is one from my wish list, sent to me by Bybee completely out of the blue. Thanks so much I love Barbara Kingsolver.

Journal Entry 3 by Heaven-Ali from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Thursday, September 29, 2005

What a wonderful book. Barbara Kingsolver writes so beautifully. Coming to a Barbara Kingsolver novel is like slipping between real Egyptian cotton sheets after polyester - it just feels right. I felt like I really wanted to visit the town of Grace, and meet the people there, and I just loved the sound of the "stitch and bitch" club. Thanks so much Bybee!!!

Bookring anyone?

List:

Laura0141 - (Glasgow - Scotland)
Vespa - (Dorset - England)
Scotsbookie - (Scottish Borders, UK
Cloggy - (London, England)
dawni - (Victoria - Canada)
Jarrett622 -( VA - USA)- has asked to be skipped
Literarylover - (FL - USA)
Carynpic- (CA - USA)- it's here
Your-book-fairy (NY - USA)
Olifant - (Utrecht - Netherlands)
Sjr1969 - (Birmingham, England)
LindyB28 - (Birmingham, England)
Martinburo - (Norwich - England)
Teachie -( Buckinghamshire, England)
Back to me Heaven-Ali

Journal Entry 4 by Heaven-Ali at to a bookcrosser in sent by mail, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Monday, October 17, 2005

Released 9 yrs ago (10/17/2005 UTC) at to a bookcrosser in sent by mail, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

Sent to Laura0141 happy reading!

Journal Entry 5 by laura0141 from Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Received with thanks.

Mt TBR #3

Journal Entry 6 by laura0141 from Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, October 20, 2005

Will be starting this this afternoon.

Journal Entry 7 by laura0141 from Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, November 12, 2005

This is a book which works on a great many levels. It's a love story. It's about family relationships. It's about community, growing up, the environment, political activism, and a whole host of other topics.

I thoroughly enjoyed it and would like to read more by this author.

PMing Vespa for addy.

Journal Entry 8 by laura0141 from Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, November 12, 2005

On way to Vespa

Journal Entry 9 by Vespa from Weymouth, Dorset United Kingdom on Thursday, November 17, 2005

Arrived here safely this morning. 2nd on Mt Toobie at present, so I should get to it within the next week or so, but please give me a nudge if it looks like I am taking too long, as life has a habit of catching up and overtaking me at the moment.
Thanks for sharing.

Journal Entry 10 by Vespa from Weymouth, Dorset United Kingdom on Monday, December 05, 2005

I didn't get attached to the main character as I have with other Barbara Kingsolver books,but I'm not sure what it was about her that I didn't really like however I did enjoy the book all the same. I would recomend that everyone reads a book by this author.
Thank you for sharing.
Now PMing Scotsbookie for her address

Journal Entry 11 by scotsbookie from Peebles, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, December 17, 2005

arrived safely this morning. I have a couple of other rings with me but I will get to this asap. Thank you Vespa for the lovely Christmas card with the book.

Journal Entry 12 by scotsbookie from Peebles, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, January 16, 2006

I always find that Barbara Kingslover novels are slow burners for me, take me a bit to get into & then carry me away with the pictures she paints of the landscape & people she is writing about. Animal Dreams was no exception. My other passion next to reading is cross stitch so I loved the idea of a Stitch n' Bitch club.

Thank yuou for sending this out on a ring Heaven-Ali. I have cloggy's address & will get it in the post asap.

Journal Entry 13 by scotsbookie from Peebles, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Postal release to cloggy today 17 Jan 2006. Happy Reading!

Journal Entry 14 by cloggy from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, January 23, 2006

Arrived safely this morning. Thanks Scotsbookie.
I'm halfway through another bookring book, but as soon as I've finished that, this one is next.

Journal Entry 15 by cloggy from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, January 27, 2006

This is a slow starter, the first 50 pages not gripping me too much, but as soon as you find out more about Codi and her relationships it becomes absolutely enthralling.
There were parts of the novel that really hit you to the core, either because they are so well described, or because I recognise the feelings.
I had written down a few examples, but have taken them out again, as I don't want to spoil things for next readers.

Anyway, thank you Heaven-Ali for setting up the bookring.

I've got Dawni's address and will try to get to the post office this weekend.

Journal Entry 16 by cloggy from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 31, 2006

In the post to Dawni this morning 31/1/06

Journal Entry 17 by dawni from Windsor, Ontario Canada on Monday, February 13, 2006

I received this book in the mail today - thank you! However, since I just received a surprise RABCK of the exact same book a couple of days ago, I'm going to get the address of the next person on the bookring and pop it right back into the mail in the next day or so. (Unfortuately, by the time I received the RABCK, this copy was already in the mail to me, so I wasn't able to catch it in time.)

Journal Entry 18 by dawni from Windsor, Ontario Canada on Thursday, March 02, 2006

The book is still with me... apologies for the delay! I sent a couple of PMs to the next person on the list, and found out today that she'd like to be skipped. So, now I'll send a PM to the next person after her, and will get this in the mail as soon as I get the address.

Journal Entry 19 by literarylover from Miami, Florida USA on Friday, March 17, 2006

thanks for sending! will read as soon as I can.

Journal Entry 20 by literarylover from Miami, Florida USA on Tuesday, July 18, 2006

I love reading Kingsolver's novels, and this one hasnt let me down. What I really enjoyed is her character description and setting. Kingsolver paints a very colorful picture with her words and brings you into a whole different culture and world. I enjoyed reading it very much and plan on reading more of her works.

Journal Entry 21 by literarylover from Miami, Florida USA on Thursday, July 20, 2006

Sending to 'Carynpic' in CA.

Journal Entry 22 by CarynPic from Methuen, Massachusetts USA on Saturday, July 29, 2006

Arrived safe and sound, will be diving in soon!

Journal Entry 23 by CarynPic from Methuen, Massachusetts USA on Wednesday, August 30, 2006

29.08.06 Liked this one more than "Prodigal Summer", but not as much as "The Poisonwood Bible". PMing the next person in line, Your-book-fairy.

Journal Entry 24 by CarynPic at Fellow BXer in South Orange, New Jersey USA on Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Released 7 yrs ago (10/24/2006 UTC) at Fellow BXer in South Orange, New Jersey USA

FINALLY sent to your-book-fairy, sorry it took so long.

Journal Entry 25 by CarynPic from Methuen, Massachusetts USA on Thursday, November 16, 2006

Oh boy I made a mistake with this book. I had two copies and sent the wrong one out for the bookring. The BCID for the bookring is BCID: 266-3077760, but the next person in the ring, your-book-fairy, has BCID: 885-4250724. Oopsie, sorry for the mix-up and what is sure to be an ensuing headache!

Journal Entry 26 by Heaven-Ali from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Animal Dreams Book ring
The ring continues with this copy