corner corner The Black Tower

The Black Tower
by P.D. James | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by matlockjames of Old Dime Box, Texas USA on 7/22/2005

status (set by Tuanita): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by matlockjames from Old Dime Box, Texas USA on Friday, July 22, 2005

LOL - I am not good with names in real life so this book was a challenge but wow, what a beautiful style of writing. Reading the descriptive novel humbles me. The plot itself was good with few clues to the ending and even a few red herrings.

Journal Entry 2 by matlockjames at Controlled Release in Controlled Release, --by post or by hand (ie ring, ray, RABCK, trade) -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Released 10 yrs ago (7/31/2007 UTC) at Controlled Release in Controlled Release, --by post or by hand (ie ring, ray, RABCK, trade) -- Controlled Releases

Tehran Release

Journal Entry 3 by airyaa on Monday, October 08, 2007

RABCK for kizmiaz.

Journal Entry 4 by airyaa at on Monday, October 08, 2007

Released 10 yrs ago (10/8/2007 UTC) at

Journal Entry 5 by kizmiaz from Belém , Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I got it today, my first book from Iran and I'm really happy with that.
Loved the postcard, thanks again airyaa.

Journal Entry 6 by kizmiaz from Belém , Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Wednesday, January 02, 2008

This was my first P.D. James book and it was quite a surprise.
Even though I'm not much of a mystery fan I was captured by the writing and the twists in the plot and found it a real interesting mystery, as opposed to so many that are out there.
The names were certainly something to deal with, a lot and no so easily pronounced when english is not you're first language.
There's really not a lot one can say about this book without giving out a part of the plot so I'll just say this if you're a mystery fan you must read P.D. James and you might as well start with this book, good characters, twisting plot and great writing.

Journal Entry 7 by kizmiaz from Belém , Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Tuesday, May 20, 2008

On it goes to ElHurricane as a part of his virtual BBox "de Frase em frase".

Journal Entry 8 by ElHurricane on Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Just arrived.
Thanks kizmiaz for participating on the BookBox and for the book.

Journal Entry 9 by ElHurricane at Ovar, Aveiro Portugal on Thursday, July 06, 2017

Released 4 mos ago (7/6/2017 UTC) at Ovar, Aveiro Portugal

Enviado para a tuanita no âmbito da Bookbox virtual Livros&Coisas

Goed lezing!

Journal Entry 10 by Tuanita at Utrecht, Utrecht Netherlands on Sunday, July 30, 2017

Chegou!! Aliás, já deve ter chegado há alguns dias a casa do meu pai, mas ele não sabia disto de termos de fazer JEs e nunca mais se lembrou. O correio lá fica numa caixinha à espera que eu chegue de férias :-)
Obrigada ElHurricane pela partilha!