corner corner Further Under the Duvet

Further Under the Duvet
by Marian Keyes | Literature & Fiction
Registered by pepita-di-Corfu of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki Greece on 7/20/2006

status (set by boirina): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by pepita-di-Corfu from Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki Greece on Thursday, July 20, 2006

Taken from the back cover:
"Slide further under the duvet, get yourself comfortable and let Marian take you places you've never been before...
Places like the Irish air-guitar championships, a shopping trip to Bloomingdales with a difference and Cannes with a chronic case of Villa-itis. Along the way you'll encounter knicker-politics, fake tans, sticky-out ears and passionate love affairs with both make-up and Toblerones. And, of course, agony aunt Mammy Walsh is on hand to solve all your problems.
Hilarious and poignant, Marian's long-awaited second volume of journalism, and previously unpublished writing, including severalshort stories, is the modern woman's perfect companion. So put the kettle on, grab that Kit Kat Chunky - everything else will wait."

Journal Entry 2 by pepita-di-Corfu from Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki Greece on Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Just finished!
No, it didn't take me a year to finish the book (since the previous journal entry), it took me about a week since i started reading it.
I think this was more enjoying for me than Under The Duvet, even thought it's the same story more or less. Marian Keyes writing short stories, previously unpublished or not. I especially liked Mammy Walsh's questions and answers. I don't remember if there were any of these in Under The Duvet, but even if there were i didn't give them much credit when i read it, probably because i hadn't read other Marian Keyes's books, so as to know who this Mammy Walsh really is. But now it all makes sense and it's quite funny actually!

Journal Entry 3 by pepita-di-Corfu at Sent by mail in fellow bookcrosser, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Released 10 yrs ago (8/23/2007 UTC) at Sent by mail in fellow bookcrosser, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

the book is traveling to boirina after i saw that Marian Keyes's books were on her wish list. I hope you'll enjoy reading this one!

Journal Entry 4 by boirina from Calvià, Illes Balears/Islas Baleares Spain on Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The book got here safely today.

Thanks very much for the book and the impressive collection of bookmarks that you sent along. :)