corner corner The Falls

The Falls
by Iaian Rankin | Literature & Fiction
Registered by pepita-di-Corfu of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki Greece on 11/29/2005

status (set by Karschtl): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by pepita-di-Corfu from Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki Greece on Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Taken from the back cover:
"A student has gone missing in Edinburgh and there's very little for Detective Inspector John Rebus to go on apart from his gut feeling that there's more to this case than a runaway high on unaccustomed freedom.
Two leads emerge: a carved wooden doll in a tiny coffin and an Internet role-playing game. Rebus concentrates on the coffin, eerily reminiscent of sixteen similar relics found on a hillside in 1836, leaving DC Siobhan Clarke to deal with the cyberspace Quizmaster. She's young enough to navigate the net, but she may not have the experience to spot the pitfalls in a game where lives depend on split-second timing. With Rebus buried two hundred years in the past, DC Clarke is going to need more than just luck to save both their skins - professional and personal..."

Journal Entry 2 by pepita-di-Corfu at As a surprise in To a bookcrosser, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Released 11 yrs ago (12/8/2005 UTC) at As a surprise in To a bookcrosser, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

after being on Amberkatze's wish list i'm sending this along with an Angel bookmark calendar from the ray i've organized. enjoy reading!

Journal Entry 3 by Amberkatze from Wien Bezirk 10 - Favoriten, Wien Austria on Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Thank you so much pepita-di-Corfu for this book and the Angel Bookmark! I am trying to collect all of the Ian Rankin books so this one will look lovely with the others! I am trying to read them in order so this may stay on my TBR pile for a while but when I am finished I will pass it on!

Thank you ever so much! It really made my day finding this in the postbox!

Journal Entry 4 by Amberkatze from Wien Bezirk 10 - Favoriten, Wien Austria on Sunday, January 08, 2006

pepita-di-CorfuThis was the best Ian Rankin book I have read so far! I couldn't put it down today and finished it just now. The story was really interesting and I didn't know who had 'done it' or 'it' until it finally came into place. I love the character John Reubus and I am looking forward to the TV version arriving on DVD in the next few days!

I hope I will find someone who would love to read this book. Anyway seeing this who would like to trade please let me know!

Another big thanks to pepita-di-Corfu for sending this to me!

Journal Entry 5 by Amberkatze from Wien Bezirk 10 - Favoriten, Wien Austria on Sunday, January 22, 2006

Reserving this book for Karschtl.

Journal Entry 6 by Amberkatze at OBCZ Cafe Schwammerl, Siebenbrunneng. 14 in Wien Bezirk 05 - Margareten, Wien Austria on Thursday, January 26, 2006

Released 11 yrs ago (1/27/2006 UTC) at OBCZ Cafe Schwammerl, Siebenbrunneng. 14 in Wien Bezirk 05 - Margareten, Wien Austria

This is going to Karschtl. Either I will see her before the meeting tonight or will leave the books for her in Schwammerl to pick up at a later date.

Journal Entry 7 by Karschtl from Wien - irgendwo / Vienna - somewhere, Wien Austria on Saturday, March 25, 2006

Thanks Amber for always supplying me with Rankin-books.
After all, it was you who gave me my very first Rankin and got me hooked. :-)