corner corner High Fidelity

High Fidelity
by Nick Hornby | Literature & Fiction
Registered by pepita-di-Corfu of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki Greece on 11/8/2005

status (set by claudinec): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by pepita-di-Corfu from Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki Greece on Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Taken from the back cover:
"'Reading High Fidelity is like listening to a great single. You know it's wonderful from the minute it goes on, and as soon as it's over you want to hear it again because it makes you feel young, and grown-up, and puts a stupid grin on your face all at the same time. If this book was a record, we would be calling it an instant classic. Because that's what it is'
Suzanne Moore, Guardian"

Journal Entry 2 by pepita-di-Corfu at As a surprise in To a bookcrosser, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Released 11 yrs ago (11/11/2005 UTC) at As a surprise in To a bookcrosser, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

this is the surprise book going all the way to lmn60 as a thank you gift for taking part in my Angels bookmarks 'bookray'. i'm glad i could find a book off your wish list and send it over to you! however i'm sorry i couldn't find the right picture to upload on the book's first journal entry...

Journal Entry 3 by winglmn60wing from Spotswood, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, November 15, 2005

What a wonderful surprise to have this RABCK sent in response to my wishlist! Thank you pepita-di-Corfu - this one's headed for Mt. TBR!

Journal Entry 4 by winglmn60wing from Spotswood, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, August 14, 2007

OK... I think I''m about ready to give up on Nick Hornby''s writing! Although I acknowledge his skills, I found myself increasingly irritated by Rob, the protagonist''s, whining and self-absorption. I know that this was meant to be comic - and occasionally I was amused - but in my experience Hornby''s writing tends to focus on the mid-life crises of middle class people to the detriment of anything ''real'' to say.

Still, this was a light easy read - thanks for sharing it with me pepita-di-Corfu. I''ll pass this one on for the Bookcrossing Convention in Melbourne in hopes that another reader will enjoy it more than I did!

Journal Entry 5 by MelbCon from Melbourne, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Gratefully received, to be released at the convention in October. Thanks from the convention committee.

Journal Entry 6 by claudinec from North Melbourne, Victoria Australia on Friday, October 05, 2007

I found this in my convention bag, but as I've read it I think I'll take it for a walk!