corner corner Color Your Own Van Gogh Paintings

by Vincent Van Gogh | Children's Books
Registered by BC-22oct2009-1 on Friday, July 15, 2005

status (set by BountifulPots): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by BC-22oct2009-1 on Friday, July 15, 2005

Each member of the ring will keep the book for no more than 10 days, and color two pictures. Please PM the person after you for his or her address, when the time comes to mail the book. Please mail the book first class or airmail (it's very light!)

Ring particpants are:

>>>jessibud
BountifulPots
KitsuneCharmed

Journal Entry 2 by BC-22oct2009-1 on Friday, July 15, 2005

I colored only one picture, because SOMEONE has to break the rules, and I like it when it's me. I'll color the last picture, the lonesome one that nobody wants.

Half-pleased with my effort, I give it a seven and pass the book along to Bounty. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by wingBountifulPotswing from Olathe, Kansas USA on Sunday, July 24, 2005

Just received this yesterday in the mail, and I'm so excited to color it! Yay!

Journal Entry 4 by abs from Seattle, Washington USA on Saturday, August 27, 2005

Sorry I haven't journaled this before. I am coloring this morning and will send it off this afternoon.

Cheers!

Journal Entry 5 by LeLoLai on Sunday, September 18, 2005

I'm so sorry! I thought I'd journalled this already :-(
Anyhow, it's safe and sound and will soon move on. Sorry for the delay in journalling.
*embarrassed*

Journal Entry 6 by wingSpedBugwing from Wilmington, Delaware USA on Friday, October 07, 2005

Oooo, cool! I love this coloring book and look forward to adding my "artistry" to its pages.

Just to make all those waiting in line jealous, I have to say that Kitsune's page is vividly gorgeous, BountifulPots used "reckless", captivating colors in her choices, Abs' artistry was bold and engaging and Shh-girl's contributions were both soothing and satisfying (although she took one of the ones I had hoped to do, "Cafe Terrace at Night"). *grump*
This coloring bookring was a wonderful idea - I'm enjoying browsing through everyone else's choices and wondering over their styles as much as I'm enjoying the anticipation of adding my own.

Journal Entry 7 by MadameUrushiol from Milford, New Hampshire USA on Monday, October 17, 2005

This arrived today in an envelope addressed in fabulous calligraphy by the famous Spedbug. I've already picked out which ones I'm going to color!

Journal Entry 8 by MadameUrushiol from Milford, New Hampshire USA on Sunday, November 20, 2005

Mailing out to funsour today.

Journal Entry 9 by funsour from Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario Canada on Thursday, December 15, 2005

the day before we fly out of the reservation to life again in the south (well, south of wawa)this arrives!
I lost 4 or 5 colouring books to bookrings so I am so happy this one made it
Everyone has done a great job so far especially MadameUrushiol who puts the original VanGough to shame ;)
I'm picking mine and should start it next week when we settle in at the in-laws
wow great stuff!
fun

Journal Entry 10 by funsour at n/a in n/a, By Post -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Released 8 yrs ago (12/28/2005 UTC) at n/a in n/a, By Post -- Controlled Releases

Sending in the post today...Had a great time colouring them with crayon... adding images to the posting-thanks again kitsune for the funn

Journal Entry 11 by dawni from Windsor, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Received this in the mail today, and realized that I don't own any crayons! Must remedy that ASAP. :)

Journal Entry 12 by dawni from Windsor, Ontario Canada on Monday, January 16, 2006

That was fun! Thanks for including me on your bookring, Kitsune. :)

I'll pop this in the mail this morning, and it will soon be winging its way to YokoSpungeon!

Journal Entry 13 by YokoSpungeon from Dunboyne, Co. Meath Ireland on Saturday, January 21, 2006

This is just awesome! I had a whale of a time colouring mine in.

:) Thanks Kitsune!

Now sending along to MyopicMeringue.

Journal Entry 14 by MyopicMeringue on Saturday, January 28, 2006

This looks like lots of fun, and it's interesting to see the different ways different people colour in. I especially love the one funsour did of Van Gogh's bedroom - hehe, it makes me wish I had a rainbow coloured bed like that! :-) I shall colour my pictures today - I'm looking forward to it.

Journal Entry 15 by MyopicMeringue on Saturday, January 28, 2006

This was fun! Thanks, Yoko, for sending it to me, and thanks, Kitsune, for starting the bookring. I coloured in 'Self-Portrait with Bandaged Ear' and 'Portrait of Patience Escalier', which were my two favourite ones, so I'm glad no one else coloured them first! :-) And now I will send it to TexasWren on Monday.

Journal Entry 16 by MyopicMeringue on Thursday, March 02, 2006

Oops - I thought I'd sent this book ages ago and then I realised I hadn't. Sorry about that. I have now sent it to TexasWren. I posted it on 27th February.

Journal Entry 17 by wingTexasWrenwing from Hillsboro, Texas USA on Saturday, March 11, 2006

It arrived today, along with a sudoku book!! Thank you so much for that! They still don't have them down here for some odd reason.

I was a bit nervous about this, since I'm not good at copying. But, after looking through a bit, I discovered that most people used their own color, so now I can really have fun.

I am going to experiment a bit on the first page to see if my water color pencils will work. So, if you see odd patches of color, that's why.

Journal Entry 18 by wingTexasWrenwing from Hillsboro, Texas USA on Sunday, March 19, 2006

I've finished my two. I did Young Peasant Woman with Straw Hat Sitting in the Wheat using color pencils, and I did Vincent's Chair with His Pipe in crayon.

I also did an extra couple. I wanted to experiment with my watercolor pencils, but I was afraid it would mess up the pages, so I tested it on the tiny picture on the title page. Then, I scanned the chair picture and did it in watercolor. I wasn't impressed, but I tucked it in the back of the book anyway. I also added sheete of paper between some of the pages, because I noticed that the crayon was smearing onto adjoining pages.

This was a lot of fun. I had a lot of trouble choosing which to do.

There is some gorgeous work in here. You are in for a treat, Kitsune.

I'll send it on to Ant tomorrow.

Journal Entry 19 by wingAntof9wing from Lakewood, Colorado USA on Sunday, March 26, 2006

WOW! I should not have signed up for this! You people are REALLY talented! These are gorgeous. Just gorgeous. Funsour -- the dingy knees on Old Man in Sorrow are an impressive touch. Abs -- I love Village Street in Auvers. TW, I'm glad you experimented on Vincent's Chair with His Pipe. Yoko, the blues in Entrance to the Asylum -- whoa! Beep -- I love the colors in Starry Night! Oh dear -- these are all so good -- really! I feel inadequate. . .

Well, it's here in Colorado, and I'll see just how creative I can be. Which isn't very -- there's a Speddo piece in this book! And I like TW's "2006. Color pencils on paper." addition :)

*sigh* you guys are good!

Kitsune -- this is going to be a real keepsake when you get it back!

(Dawni -- I'm so glad you found some crayons!)

*sits back with a cup of tea to enjoy it some more and wait for inspiration to strike*

Journal Entry 20 by wingAntof9wing from Lakewood, Colorado USA on Monday, March 27, 2006

OK. Here is my first one. It's Two Little Girls, a piece from 1890. The girls inspired me and made me think of two of my nieces. I call them Snow White and Rose Red (hopefully you know the fairy tale. . .), and this pic makes me happy because I'm Dutch and V.V.G. is Dutch, and so are these two little girls, in their Frisian caps. The icon for this entry, if it works, is the two real-life girls, and the pic, if it works will be in the body of the entry below.

Image hosting by Photobucket
(P.S. the entry on the opposite page is one of Yoko's, and the detail on the wall behind the man is amazing. She's also darkened his knuckles and fingernail. It's fabulous)

(P.P.S. if you aren't sure how to pronounce our artist's last name, I made a phone post some time ago on my blog)

Journal Entry 21 by wingAntof9wing from Lakewood, Colorado USA on Thursday, March 30, 2006

Well, you all amaze me, as I continue to enjoy this book. And you've inspired me to new heights of creativity! For my second piece, I decided on #17, La Mousmé, Seated in a Cane Chair. But I wanted to use a medium that I knew would bleed through the paper. . . so I copied my page (leaving a second one for you to do, if you want, Kitsune!) and had some fun with Sharpies! Sharpie Pointillism, to be exact. And it was quite fun!

So here we go -- La Mousmé in SP
Image hosting by Photobucket

I'll get this in the mail to jessibud by the weekend. I'm glad for an excuse to send her a package. I have something for her I brought back from Switzerland in NOVEMBER! Yikes!

Thanks for starting this ring, Kitsune. I have really enjoyed a totally unique activity this week :)

Edited to add: the background colors on this one are more earth-toned than show in the picture. I was going for "adobe" colors -- there really isn't anything as vivid as it looks in the picture :)

Journal Entry 22 by jessibud from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Sunday, April 16, 2006

ACK!!!! I received this fun book and other goodies (including the left half of a recipe!!
;-)) from Antof9, a week ago, and only now realized that I forgot to journal it!! So sorry!

By way of excuse, I offer only that I have been busy scrambling with preparations for the Bookcrossing Convention, which is only DAYS away!!! However, no excuses, really. I will do my page today and have it in the mail tomorrow, promise!!

And yes, in case anyone wants to know, Ant did oblige by sending me the right half of the recipe, lol! It was for *Microwave FU*, otherwise known as Microwave Fudge.

:-)

Journal Entry 23 by wingBountifulPotswing from Olathe, Kansas USA on Saturday, May 20, 2006

Catching up on my journaling here, so I apologize for the lateness.

Okay, I'm feeling really bad that I haven't journaled this one, as I've had it for a while, but things are insanely busy here as of late. I plan on getting this scanned in this week and mailed out to Kitsune. I will post the scans on my photobucket page, and then post the link and password here when I'm done!