corner corner The Lovely Bones

The Lovely Bones
by Alice Sebold | Literature & Fiction
Registered by Normy of Morecambe, Lancashire United Kingdom on Friday, July 15, 2005

status (set by Normy): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by Normy from Morecambe, Lancashire United Kingdom on Friday, July 15, 2005

I received this as a birthday present from a friend who said, 'I'm not sure if you're going to like this'. I can see why he was unsure, but I'm glad he took the risk.

I thought this book was fantastic - beautifully written, with an intelligent and interesting plot device. I couldn't put it down. Not for the faint-hearted though as there are some very graphic scenes in it.

It's not often I give a book 10/10 but it's well-deserved, and this book deserves to be widely read, so I'm offering it up as a Bookray.

Now I want to read Alice Sebold's 'Lucky'!

Journal Entry 2 by Normy from Morecambe, Lancashire United Kingdom on Thursday, July 21, 2005

Being released as a Bookray - I'll try to get it posted off by the weekend:

The usual Bookray rules apply. Please try to pass it to the next person within a month. If you need to change your position or leave the bookray, just PM me and let me know. Make a JOURNAL ENTRY when you receive the book to say you've got it, and make another JOURNAL ENTRY when you finish it and send it on. You are responsible for getting the address of the next person on the list. Please give them a reasonable amount of time to reply with their address but if you have to wait more than a week, contact the next person. ALWAYS check with the next person on the list before you post the book, even if you think you already have their address - they may have moved, or may want to drop out of the ray. Last one in the ray gets to choose what to do with the book next!

Enjoy - although it's somewhat harrowing at times, this truly is a beautiful book.

Batting order is as follows:
1) Dilona
2) Kimsbooks03
3) 4-lele
4) Hexpot

If anyone else wants to join PM me with your country and mailing preferences and I'll see if I can fit you in.

Journal Entry 3 by Dilona from Växjö, Småland Sweden on Sunday, July 31, 2005

Recieved the book in the mailbox this friday, I have had internetproblems and thus couldn't journal it until now. I have read half so far and I really enjoy it :)

Journal Entry 4 by Normy from Morecambe, Lancashire United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Apologies to everyone on this ring as it appears to have stalled. I have tried to contact Dilona but have not had a reply, so I'm hoping s/he is OK. If anyone else sees Dilona on a forum can you ask them to forward the book on to the next person. In the meantime I'll look out in the secondhand bookshops for a replacement copy.

Journal Entry 5 by Normy from Morecambe, Lancashire United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Apologies to everyone on this ring as it appears to have stalled. I have tried to contact Dilona but have not had a reply, so I'm hoping s/he is OK. If anyone else sees Dilona on a forum can you ask them to forward the book on to the next person? In the meantime I'll look out in the secondhand bookshops for a replacement copy.