corner corner The Sunday Philosophy Club

The Sunday Philosophy Club
by Alexander McCall Smith | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by Littlemave of Sydney, New South Wales Australia on 7/12/2005

status (set by xoddam): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by Littlemave from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Tuesday, July 12, 2005

One of a big box of books donated to 'the cause' by my friends L & S who were having a sort out. :)

By the author of No 1 Ladies Detective Agency books.
This time lady sleuths are active in Edinburgh, in genteel society!

Have had a lot of interest in this book so it will be a bookring, as I would also like to read it. Will post a list soon.

Journal Entry 2 by Littlemave from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Saturday, July 16, 2005

Participants so far for a bookring are:
wombles
bookworm-BNE
funkybamboozle
and me.

Let me know if you wish to change the order.

Journal Entry 3 by Littlemave at on Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Released 11 yrs ago (8/9/2005 UTC) at

Distributing donated books. Popping in the mail box to wombles very soon.

Journal Entry 4 by wombles from Caboolture, Queensland Australia on Saturday, August 13, 2005

Received this Friday, haven't had time to journal them till now! thanks Littlemave, will read asap!

Journal Entry 5 by wombles from Caboolture, Queensland Australia on Monday, September 12, 2005

I have tried to get into this but can't, its just not as good as his other books. I will see Bookwormbne at the next meetup and pass it on to her. Thanks anyway :)

Journal Entry 6 by bookworm-BNE from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Saturday, September 24, 2005

Received from wombles at the Forages Brisbane BC brunch.

Journal Entry 7 by bookworm-BNE from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Sunday, October 02, 2005

Have to agree with Wombles, I much preferred the No 1 Ladies Detective Agency series. Still a good read (well it took care of a Sunday afternoon otherwise wasted due to hangover).
Sending to funkybamboozle as soon as I get the address.

Journal Entry 8 by bookworm-BNE from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Thursday, October 06, 2005

funkybamboozle has already read the book so it's back to Littlemave.
Posting it today - enjoy :)

Journal Entry 9 by Littlemave from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Thursday, May 24, 2007

Ooh, look what I found in my bookcase...! Sorry all, I must've just stuck it back in the stacks when it came back to me.
Have started reading it now as I have it in mind for a RABCK, but I must admit it is a bit similar to the No1 Ladies, just displaced to Edinburgh. But its a nice easy read, and I'm sure Isabel will sort right from wrong. =)

Journal Entry 10 by Littlemave from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Ah, well. Och the noo.
Not as good as the African books. And there was NEVER a meeting of the SPC - I feel cheated! Jamie sounds nice, though. Isabel should have had a fling with him. I know she was the editor of Applied Ethics magazine, but at just over 40 she seemed old before her time. Had her age not been mentioned I would have put her in her 50's by her attitude.
I suppose there is a series of these? Well it wasnt too bad. *I* read it to the end [wombles!!] I just thought maybe more would happen.

I was reading this to send to frangipani08 for the Smile Rabck draw, but a chance mention of the book to tqd on her live journal caused a reading race to ensue - and she won! So now it is available again. =)

Journal Entry 11 by Littlemave at Handed to another person in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Released 10 yrs ago (6/12/2007 UTC) at Handed to another person in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia -- Controlled Releases

I took this to our monthly get together and gave it to/forced it upon markmcg!
Hope you and bcwidow enjoy it. =)

Journal Entry 12 by markmcg from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Caught at Meetup. Thank you Littlemave! I've already told BCwidow about it, and she's interested.

Journal Entry 13 by markmcg from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Released tonight at the Madison Hotel Meetup. My apologies for not reading it. I have started to learn Japanese and there isn''t room for much else.

Journal Entry 14 by neerav from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Tuesday, August 14, 2007

TBR

Journal Entry 15 by neerav from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Friday, August 31, 2007

I actually liked this better than No 1 Ladies Detective Agency books

Journal Entry 16 by xoddam from Springwood, New South Wales Australia on Thursday, September 13, 2007

Haven't read read any McCall Smith yet, but I liked Edinburgh (to visit) when I lived in Scotland and that was enough to prompt me to pick it up. Thanks again neerav.