corner corner Life of Pi

Life of Pi
by Yann Martel | Literature & Fiction
Registered by JillyEnFuego of Coconut Creek, Florida USA on Monday, July 11, 2005

status (set by JillyEnFuego): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by JillyEnFuego from Coconut Creek, Florida USA on Monday, July 11, 2005

Purchased in Las Vegas at the thoroughly delightful Dead Poet Books (NW corner of Charleston and Rainbow).

Journal Entry 2 by JillyEnFuego from Coconut Creek, Florida USA on Wednesday, November 01, 2006

I finished this a couple of weeks ago and WOW.
I cannot really describe the book or how it made me feel, because while it is a sad story, it's also a huge story about hope. This is one of those books you want to share with everyone.

Journal Entry 3 by JillyEnFuego from Coconut Creek, Florida USA on Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Opening it up for a bookring.
PM with me with your shipping preferences.

Journal Entry 4 by JillyEnFuego from Coconut Creek, Florida USA on Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Bookring participants:
BabyFlyLady, Tyne and Wear, UK
chich, Lanquedoc-Roussillon, France
hetku77, Pirkanmaa, Finland
juhturo, Budapest, Hungary

Journal Entry 5 by JillyEnFuego from Coconut Creek, Florida USA on Monday, November 06, 2006

Mailed out to LadyMcQuaid!

Journal Entry 6 by ladymcquaid from Columbia, Maryland USA on Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Just got it today, thanks! I'll read it shortly and pass it along!

12/12 - Sorry for the delay. Reading as fast as I can!

12/19/06 - finished last night. PM'd little moonbeam for address.

Journal Entry 7 by littlemoonbeam on Tuesday, May 29, 2007

This book was a captivating read. I felt it fell apart a little at the end though. I am interested to hear people's opinion on what they thought about the significance of the algea forest.

Journal Entry 8 by Caridad from Miami, Florida USA on Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Received today. Loved the postcard with the gorgeous dress! I am looking forward to reading this. Thanks for passing it on, littlemoonbeam!

Journal Entry 9 by Caridad from Miami, Florida USA on Monday, June 18, 2007

I thought this story was terrific. Especially when dealing with others in life who don't understand what life & death situations truly are. I realize there is significant symbolisim in this book and I hope to read it again to understand it better. I have read "Old Man and the Sea" and "Robinson Crusoe" recently and find similar themes in all of these stories. Since I haven't received a response to first PM to bmw092972, will send another so I can keep this book moving. Thank you for sharing, Booster328!

Journal Entry 10 by Caridad from Miami, Florida USA on Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Per BoosterJ28 instructions, mailed the book back to her. Men (that's you BMW...) are so reliable! ; )

Journal Entry 11 by JillyEnFuego from Coconut Creek, Florida USA on Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I just got the book back from BMW092972 who doesn't appear to have journaled it. I will kick him in his tush later.

PMing livrecache for her address.

Journal Entry 12 by JillyEnFuego from Coconut Creek, Florida USA on Saturday, March 01, 2008

Livrecache is out...
DianeO hasn't responded...

PMing BabyFlyLady today.

Journal Entry 13 by JillyEnFuego from Coconut Creek, Florida USA on Sunday, March 16, 2008

I guess no one wants the book.
PM'ing Chich now.