corner corner Tailchaser's Song

Tailchaser's Song
by Tad Williams | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by winglauraloo29wing of Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Saturday, July 09, 2005

status (set by bsliv1219): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by winglauraloo29wing from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Saturday, July 09, 2005

This is a second copy. I'm hoping to restart a stalled bookring.

Previous bookring

Journal Entry 2 by winglauraloo29wing from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Sunday, July 10, 2005

Going out as a replacment for my jinxed first book.

Going to those originally missed first and then continuing on.

Rules of the bookring
1. Please journal the book when you receive it, and again when you mail it out -- that way, everyone will know the book's approximate location.
2. If you don't think you'll be able to read this book within a reasonable time from receipt, please let me know before it's sent to you by the previous reader, and I will be happy to move your name down the list.
3. Whether you have read the book or not, please do not keep it longer than four weeks.

1.dodau (UK) - Int.
2.KleptoKitty (UK/Portugal) (asked to be skipped)
3.coolboxuk (UK)
4.AsianWaterfall (USA) - Int.
5.tempestsans (USA) (asked to be skipped)
6.nwpassage (Canada) - Int.
7. lauraloo29

Journal Entry 3 by winglauraloo29wing from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Going out to the UK next week. This is the last chance for this delightful book. :)

Journal Entry 4 by dodau from Ellesmere Port, Cheshire United Kingdom on Saturday, August 27, 2005

Arrived safely this morning.

Journal Entry 5 by dodau from Ellesmere Port, Cheshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 30, 2005

This was a little slow to start but once into the story I found it hard to put down. on the lines of Watership DOwn but with cats so more enjoyable for me a lifetime cat lover. Kleptokitty asked to pass and I have Coolboxuk's address so sending it on today.

Journal Entry 6 by dodau at Surface Mail in Fellow Bookcrosser, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Released 8 yrs ago (8/30/2005 UTC) at Surface Mail in Fellow Bookcrosser, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases

Journal Entry 7 by coolboxuk from Chertsey, Surrey United Kingdom on Saturday, September 03, 2005

Received today - can't wait to read this!!! He's one of my favourite authors!

Journal Entry 8 by coolboxuk from Chertsey, Surrey United Kingdom on Monday, September 12, 2005

Really enjoyed this book! It's quite different from all the other Tad Williams novels I've read (he's one of my favourite writers) but as I'm a big cat fan, too, it was a wonderful read. It's got the makings of a good fantasy tale, and very endearing little cat characters. Very readable indeed.

Journal Entry 9 by AsianWaterfall from Deland, Florida USA on Saturday, September 24, 2005

arrived in the mail today. thanks! :D

Journal Entry 10 by AsianWaterfall from Deland, Florida USA on Saturday, October 29, 2005

I didn't get to finish the book -- life got in the way, and I kept misplacing the book. (I like what I did get to read.) I didn't want to hold up the bookring, so I borrowed the library's copy. Will be sending on to nwpassage today.

Journal Entry 11 by nwpassage from Prince George, British Columbia Canada on Monday, November 07, 2005

Book arrived today, and it looks great! I will start it as soon as I can.

From the back cover:

"FOR ANYONE WHO LOVES AND UNDERSTANDS CATS... A FANTASY OF EPIC PROPORTIONS IN THE VEIN OF 'WATERSHIP DOWN'..."
-- San Diego Union

Meet Fritti Tailchaser, a ginger tom cat of rare courage and curiosity, a born survivor in a world of heroes and villians, of powerful feline gods and whiskery legends about those strange furless, erect creatures called M'an. Join Tailchaser on his magical quest to rescue his catfriend Hushpad - a quest that will take him all the way to cat hell and beyond...

Journal Entry 12 by nwpassage from Prince George, British Columbia Canada on Thursday, December 15, 2005

I'm sorry, I held on to this for far too long! :( I've been really busy with real-world stuff lately, and while I enjoyed this book, I found it hard to get through. Finally I just sat down last night and power-read, finishing about 1AM this morning. I found this book slow-moving, and longer then it needed to be. Also, it was considerably darker then I expected. But the ending was cute, and the characterization was delightful, making this a worthy read in spite of its flaws. A must for lovers of cat fantasy!

I have lauraloo's address, and this will be in the mail on its way home on Saturday. Thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 13 by winglauraloo29wing from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Thursday, December 22, 2005

Look what arrived home today! So many of my rings have gotten lost, I'm always thrilled when one returns home! :) Thank you to all who participated and kept the ring moving.

Journal Entry 14 by winglauraloo29wing from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Sending to stagecrafty as part of the "E-Yi-E-Yi-Oo" Relay

Journal Entry 15 by stagecrafty from Lynnwood, Washington USA on Tuesday, March 14, 2006

So sorry this has taken so long to journal! I guess it slipped throught the cracks when it came in the mail a few weeks back. I'll be sure to read it soon and get it back out there into circulation. Thanks again.

Journal Entry 16 by stagecrafty from Lynnwood, Washington USA on Saturday, May 12, 2007

I'm sorry but I can not finish this book. I'm about a third of the way into it and I just don't like the story. I love cats and Watership Down but that was not enough in this book's case.

I'll hold on to it for a bookbox or such.

Journal Entry 17 by stagecrafty from Lynnwood, Washington USA on Monday, May 21, 2007

05/19/07-Mailed off in my Sci-Fi/Fantasy BookBox

Journal Entry 18 by bsliv1219 from Fremont, Ohio USA on Friday, June 29, 2007

I got this book from stagecrafty's science fiction fantasy book box. I'm looking forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 19 by bsliv1219 from Fremont, Ohio USA on Monday, February 02, 2009

I am giving this book to the library cart at the Sandusky County jail. They are desperate for something other than romance and westerns.