corner corner The Medici Dagger

The Medici Dagger
by Cameron West | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by kizmiaz of Belém , Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on 7/4/2005

status (set by aleonblue): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by kizmiaz from Belém , Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Monday, July 04, 2005

Back in 1997, way before Dan Brown wrote the famous Da Vinci Code, Cameron West wrote this fast paced novel about the loss and finding of some Leonardo Da Vinci's manuscripts concerning a dagger that had been ordered, from this do-it-all Renaissance man, by the powerfull Medici familly.
There is a code to be broken in order to solve the mystery and there are quite believable characters, especially the "hero" Reb Barnett, a former Hollywood stuntman.
And the truth is far stranger than fiction.

Journal Entry 2 by kizmiaz from Belém , Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Tuesday, October 18, 2005

BRay rules:
- I think a month is time enough for you to read this book if you think you won't make it no problem, just let me know so I can post a little warning to the following BC'er, it's all a matter of courtesy;
- Please do not forget to make a JE when you get it and when you send it on to the next, that way we'll all know where the book is;
- There is no limit to people on this BRay, the more the merrier;
- I'll organize this by country so it won't be too pricey for anyone;
- The last person on the BRay is free to do with the book as he pleases, you might even want to help it continuing its journey.
- Sent out to sadogs today (31.10.2005)

Participants:

- sadogs (UK)
- papillonbleu (France)
- Barbje (Netherlands)
- librarymousie (USA)
- Alithia (New Zealand)
- blakkat-BNE (Australia)

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Thursday, November 03, 2005

Received the book today - caught me between books so will be able to read straight away

CAUGHT IN TELFORD SHROPSHIRE UNITED KINGDOM

Journal Entry 4 by sadogs from Telford, Shropshire United Kingdom on Sunday, November 06, 2005

fast paced and exciting - really enjoyed this book - thanks kizmiaz - will post onto papillonbleu in the next few days

Journal Entry 5 by papillonbleu from Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Saturday, November 12, 2005

Received this book today and will start reading it tomorrow. I find it difficult to put this sort of book down so I expect to finish it very quickly.

Journal Entry 6 by papillonbleu from Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Found myself 'glossing over' some of the descriptions in order to find out what happens next! Will send on to Barbje (Netherlands) tomorrow.

Journal Entry 7 by wingBarbjewing from Gouda, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Monday, November 21, 2005

Recieved the book!

Journal Entry 8 by wingBarbjewing from Gouda, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Thursday, December 08, 2005

I liked the book, allthough it took me a long time to 'get into the story'. From the moment they start working on the code it took me. :-)

Thanks for sharing, pm'ing librarymousie for her address today!

Journal Entry 9 by librarymousie from Portsmouth, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Received today. Thanks so much!

Journal Entry 10 by librarymousie from Portsmouth, New Hampshire USA on Saturday, January 21, 2006

A fun read, even if parts of the story were a bit hokey. I liked the puzzle aspect of the code-breaking, but the relationship between Reb and Ginny didn't do much for me, except generate a couple of exaggerated eye-rolls. Nonetheless, a decent beach-read.

Waiting for an address from Alithia--this will hopefully move on next week.

Journal Entry 11 by Alithia from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Friday, February 03, 2006

I just got this in the mail tonight - well it probably arrived a little earlier but I was at work. Anyway, it's Friday night in NZ, and I have an exam on Tuesday morning so I'm probably not going to read this until then (I hope that I can be forgiven for delaying the bookray for the weekend).

I will read and forward the book as soon as the exam is over - I need something to unwind with and this book as come just in time.

Looks interesting - hope the book is as good as its cover.

Journal Entry 12 by Alithia from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Thought the book was okay... not the greatest ending in my opinion, but I enjoyed it enough... great to unwind with.

I've messaged blakkat-BNE to get details to pass this on - hopefully I'll get them soon and pass the book on.

Journal Entry 13 by Alithia from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Saturday, March 11, 2006

Bugger - I just found this book. I could have sworn I had posted it off. Sorry everyone. Its on its way now - I guess it was another bookring I sent off. I can't believe that I've been so long with this.

Journal Entry 14 by blakkat-BNE from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Sunday, May 07, 2006

My most humble apologies! I somehow forgot to journal this book when it arrived. I noticed it last night and went "hrmm... I don't recall seeing that on my BC bookshelf" *sheepish look* Very very sorry!!
This book did arrive a few weeks ago and I've already read it. I'll be honest - I was very disappointed in this book. Everything was just too easy though there were a couple of twists near the end but it wasn't anything too groundbreaking. I had been going to give it to my bf to read but he'd find it just as disappointing as I did so I'm not going to bother. Will send this out as a RABCK with one of my other bookrings or I'll pass it on to go round at the next meetup unless you have some other destiny in mind for it, kizmiaz?
Thank you very much to all for sharing/passing on this book :)

Journal Entry 15 by blakkat-BNE from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Thursday, May 18, 2006

Have passed this on to bookworm-BNE to either read or take along to the next BCBrisbane meetup.

Journal Entry 16 by aleonblue from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Sunday, May 21, 2006

Picked this interesting looking book up at the Brisbane BookCrossing meet-up today. It looks like my kinda book, and one which has travelled through a few countries!