corner corner The Algebraist

The Algebraist
by Iain M. Banks | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by UrbanSpaceman of Kingston upon Thames, Greater London United Kingdom on 6/28/2005

status (set by book-monster): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by UrbanSpaceman from Kingston upon Thames, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Onto the TBR pile...

Journal Entry 2 by UrbanSpaceman from Kingston upon Thames, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, April 10, 2006

As usual with Banks' SF works, The Algebraist is extremely inventive, grand in scope and sparkles with ideas. That said, and although I certainly enjoyed reading it, I don't consider it one of his best books. That is probably more to do with Banks' amazingly high general standard, though, rather than any major flaws in this book - it just didn't grab me as strongly as some of his others.

Journal Entry 3 by book-monster from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Mr book-monster grabbed this last night at the meet-up but we will both read it.

Journal Entry 4 by book-monster from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Both Mr book-monster and I read thıs. We both really enjoyed thıs but agreed wıth UrbanSpaceman that ıt wasn´t one of hıs better books. We both really loved the Dwellers though.

Journal Entry 5 by book-monster from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Leavıng ın the Robın Hood Internet cafe ın Beyoglu ın Istanbul on 10 May 2006 around three ın the afternoon. Sorry about the lack of offıcıal release note but that would get a bıt complıcated.