corner corner Bunnicula: A Rabbit-Tale of Mystery (Bunnicula)

Bunnicula: A Rabbit-Tale of Mystery (Bunnicula)
by Deborah Howe, James Howe | Children's Books
Registered by needmorezoloft of Detroit, Texas USA on 3/4/2008

status (set by BunnyLady): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by needmorezoloft from Detroit, Texas USA on Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Got via pbs

Journal Entry 2 by needmorezoloft from Detroit, Texas USA on Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Title: Bunnicula: A Rabbit-Tale of Mystery
Author: Deborah Howe, James Howe
My Area of Interest: Cherie has bunnies, likes vampy books, so I kinda thought it would be cute to send along to her.
Finished 04/01/08 - It was ok... on a way younger version that I thought.. but still it was alright.

Journal Entry 3 by needmorezoloft at Sending this book on for someone else to love in Land of a 1,000 books, needmorezoloft's controlled releases -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, April 05, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (4/5/2008 UTC) at Sending this book on for someone else to love in Land of a 1,000 books, needmorezoloft's controlled releases -- Controlled Releases

Sending on to Cherie

Journal Entry 4 by CheriePie from Campbell, California USA on Saturday, November 08, 2008

Received in a package from Leilani awhile back and was surprised to find I'd never journaled it. :( I'm moving it towards the top of my TBR stack though as I've got something planned for it in the coming months. *shhhh*

Journal Entry 5 by CheriePie from Campbell, California USA on Thursday, January 08, 2009

A spunky little tale of a vampire rabbit, as told by Harold, the Monroe family dog who lives with him. Yes, you heard me correctly, this particular rabbit is also a vampire! He sleeps all day (well, so do my own rabbits! LOL), and when he wakes at night he sneaks out of his cage and drains the juice from all the vegetables in the house.

Bunnicula, thus named because he was found in a movie theater during a showing of Dracula, has already managed to endear himself to the whole family—Mom and Dad Monroe, kids Pete and Toby, and of course Harold the dog. Unfortunately, Chester the cat isn't quite warming up to the little guy, and he resolves to do his darnedest to prove the truth to the family: that this cute little bunny is actually a threat to their very existence. "Today vegetables... tomorrow the world!" Chester exclaims.

This book is actually the first in what was later to become a successful children's series. Though it wasn't until after the death of Deborah, co-author of the husband/wife team, that the Bunnicula books were published.

My friend Leilani sent me this book because it was about a bunny, and she knows how much I love bunnies, as well as paranormal books. It's very much a children's book, even more so than the Darren Shan books I think, but it was entertaining to me nonetheless, and the pictures that go along with the story were so adorable! I know this book can really be enjoyed by another bunny lover like myself so I have just the person in mind. Actually, I have more than a single person in mind, but alas, it is to my BookObsessed birthday partner to whom it's traveling next. As a quick, light read, I hope she's able to pick it up soon and enjoy it as much as I did. :)

Journal Entry 6 by CheriePie at Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin USA on Saturday, January 10, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (1/9/2009 UTC) at Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin USA

Mailed to BunnyLady as part of her birthday package. Sent on 1/9/09 via Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation # 420 54937 9101 8052 1390 7251 3517 80

Journal Entry 7 by BunnyLady at Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin USA on Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (7/6/2011 UTC) at Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin USA

Very cute little story."Course I'm a bunny-lover!

Passing on to my Mom and a friend in a bag of books Ive finished reading.