corner corner Pay It Forward

Pay It Forward
by Catherine Ryan Hyde | Literature & Fiction
Registered by whitequeen of Ipswich, Queensland Australia on 6/18/2005

status (set by erinoc): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by whitequeen from Ipswich, Queensland Australia on Saturday, June 18, 2005

An appropriate book for Bookcrossing! Do a good deed and instead of expecting something in return, pay it forward.

Lovely story, and if you saw the movie the book is different, and better of course!

Journal Entry 2 by MadamMuck from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Sunday, June 19, 2005

Saw the release for this one and thought it looked good. Wombles is also interested so will pass it on to her next.

Journal Entry 3 by MadamMuck from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Okay I must be the worlds biggest sook. Not the right book for me to reading before I went to bed, the ending is a real tear jerker.

I have not seen the movie but loved this book, such a simple idea that Trevor doesnt believe has worked but slowly, silently "the movement" takes over and restores faith in human nature.

Wombles wanted to read this too, so I am reserving until I see her (soon)

Journal Entry 4 by wombles from Caboolture, Queensland Australia on Sunday, July 17, 2005

Thanks for this, looks really good, haven't seen the movie but heard lots about it. Will put this in my tbr pile.

Journal Entry 5 by wombles from Caboolture, Queensland Australia on Tuesday, August 09, 2005

I had Book "DeJaVu" all the way through this, I'm still not sure if I had read it before or not! I really enjoyed it though and think its definately an "appropriate" book for bookcrossing!
Will be taking it to meetup again this month to "Pass it forward" :)

Journal Entry 6 by wombles at Stones Corner Cafe and Bar in Stones Corner, Queensland Australia on Friday, August 19, 2005

Released 12 yrs ago (8/20/2005 UTC) at Stones Corner Cafe and Bar in Stones Corner, Queensland Australia

meetup release

Journal Entry 7 by bookworm-BNE from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Saturday, August 20, 2005

Picked up at Brisbane brookcrossers monthly meeting, looks delightful.

Journal Entry 8 by bookworm-BNE at Coffee Club at Ascot Cafe Bar Restaurant in Ascot, Queensland Australia on Saturday, August 19, 2006

Released 11 yrs ago (8/19/2006 UTC) at Coffee Club at Ascot Cafe Bar Restaurant in Ascot, Queensland Australia

Taking to the Brisbane BC meet.

Journal Entry 9 by erinoc from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Sunday, August 20, 2006

Thanks Bookworm-BNE!

Journal Entry 10 by erinoc from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Tuesday, August 22, 2006

My parents return home from a 6 week sojourn around the world...I'm leaving this book (along with one other) in their house as a little 'welcome home gift'....fingers crossed that they are tempted to journal them!

Journal Entry 11 by erinoc from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Both my mother and I read this one.

Enjoyed the movie but it was so long ago I'm not really sure how similar the book actually is. All I know is that this time the story felt much more personal and closer somehow - isn't that why books are so great?

I really enjoyed it and am going to pay this one forward tonight :)

Journal Entry 12 by erinoc at Departure Lounge in Brisbane Airport - International Terminal, Queensland Australia on Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Released 10 yrs ago (11/15/2006 UTC) at Departure Lounge in Brisbane Airport - International Terminal, Queensland Australia

Hopefully this will find just the right someone at just the right time :) Haven't had much luck with a lot of airports but Brissy always seems to get a journal - fingers crossed!!

Pay it forward folks!