corner corner Isle of Dogs

Isle of Dogs
by Patricia Cornwell | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by sunlightbub of Wallasey, Merseyside United Kingdom on 6/13/2005

status (set by Amberkatze): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by sunlightbub from Wallasey, Merseyside United Kingdom on Monday, June 13, 2005

Amazon.co.uk Review
Be aware: this is not your typical Cornwell novel. Not only is there no Kay Scarpetta, but Isle of Dogs is a comic romp, a real departure for this author. It centres around a couple of characters from past books--police chief Judy Hammer and reporter-turned-cop Andy Brazil of Hornet's Nest and Southern Cross--but the plot, style and tone will remind you more of Carl Hiaasen's dark comedies.

The madcap doings get underway when the addled, nearly blind governor of Virginia confusedly launches a speed-trap program on isolated Tangier Island, whose prickly, eccentric residents promptly attempt secession. Cornwell adeptly interweaves other crisscrossing plot lines involving a gang of street-stupid thugs gunning for Hammer and Brazil, an angel-faced serial killer, a kidnapped dog and more. She does miss a few beats: the pacing sags during certain episodes, and at times the writing strains so hard for laughs that instead it draws winces. Nonetheless, Isle of Dogs is for the most part a funny, diverting read and a refreshing departure for Cornwell. --Nicholas H Allison, Amazon.com

Journal Entry 2 by sunlightbub from Wallasey, Merseyside United Kingdom on Friday, July 01, 2005

Sending to butterfly-noir ( bookrelay). Enjoyxx

Journal Entry 3 by butterfly-noir from Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Monday, July 11, 2005

arrived today. thank you sunlighthub

Journal Entry 4 by butterfly-noir from Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Wednesday, September 14, 2005

I absoutely loved this book. Patricia cornewell is on her best. Ironic, absurd funny , rich and brilliant!!!

Journal Entry 5 by butterfly-noir from Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Tuesday, September 20, 2005

I´ve decided to send the book on a Bray

Bookray order:
ElHurricane
Amberkatze
......
......

Journal Entry 6 by Freakinout from Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Thursday, November 17, 2005

Chegou ontem!=)Obrigado Butterfly-noir

Journal Entry 7 by Elsita from Almada, Setúbal Portugal on Monday, January 09, 2006

It's with me, now.

E veio com uma prendinha!! Obrigada, Freakinout!

Journal Entry 8 by Elsita from Almada, Setúbal Portugal on Saturday, February 11, 2006

I was very curious about this story becuase I've read all Scarpetta's novels and liked to know Andy Brazil better... Didn't occur to me that he could be so cute and inteligent ;)

Thanks for the nice reading, butterfly-noir!
The book is going to the next paticipant as soon as get his adress.

Journal Entry 9 by Elsita from Almada, Setúbal Portugal on Monday, February 13, 2006

ElHurricane asked to go to the end of the list, he's submersed in bookrings...
Contacted darjeeling, waiting for an answer.

Journal Entry 10 by Elsita at mailed to a fellow bookcrosser in N/A, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Released 11 yrs ago (2/14/2006 UTC) at mailed to a fellow bookcrosser in N/A, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

to darjeeling

Journal Entry 11 by darjeeling on Thursday, February 16, 2006

It's with me, for now...

Journal Entry 12 by darjeeling on Friday, March 31, 2006

It was a nice read. But I’m starting to think that Miss Cornwell just isn’t my style. It was a little hard to finish this one.

Sorry for the delay and thanks for sharing.

Will be on is way somewhere next week.

Journal Entry 13 by darjeeling on Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Mailed to kizmiaz today!

Journal Entry 14 by kizmiaz from Belém , Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Thursday, April 06, 2006

Got it today, thanks darjeeling. Two more to go before I start on this one but it won't take long.

Journal Entry 15 by kizmiaz from Belém , Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Monday, May 01, 2006

I found this book quite poor, the story isn't very exciting (except for the Unique character which doesn't lead anywhere) and the plot is barely hanging on. The thing I liked the most were the Trooper Truth essays, although it gets pretty obvious that all the other characters were sleeping on the job or else they would easily found who Trooper Truth was.
An easy read and a no brainer of a book.
Sending it on to ElHurricane today (03.05.2006)

Journal Entry 16 by ElHurricane on Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Just arrived to join yhe neverending TBR pile...
Hope no t to keep to long.

Journal Entry 17 by ElHurricane on Monday, August 07, 2006

Just to let you know that I haven't had the oportunity to read it yet. But as I really want to read it, I'll keep a little longer if you don't mind

Journal Entry 18 by ElHurricane on Thursday, May 31, 2007

I finnally read it. I'm sorry for taking so long but as it was a ray I was granted this extra time...
About the book I have to say that I din't like it!! (of course I'm talking backward... :D)
I liked the book though I agree with kizmiaz about all the characters were sleeping on the job.
Thanks for sharing it.
It goes to Austria asap

Journal Entry 19 by ElHurricane on Thursday, May 31, 2007

It's going on its way to Amberkatze tomorrow.
Have a nice trip to Austria

Journal Entry 20 by Amberkatze from Wien Bezirk 10 - Favoriten, Wien Austria on Monday, June 04, 2007

Thank you ElHurricane for sending this on to me! Another book to add to my tbr pile :) Seeing as I am the last one on the ray I will release this at the OBCZ I run or at an English BC Meet-up...when I have finished with it!

Journal Entry 21 by Amberkatze at Kent - Türkisches Restaurant in Wien Bezirk 16 - Ottakring, Wien Austria on Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Released 10 yrs ago (8/7/2007 UTC) at Kent - Türkisches Restaurant in Wien Bezirk 16 - Ottakring, Wien Austria

I couldn''t get into this one. So I am Releasing this book at this months English Bookcrossing Meet-up!