corner corner Lady Chatterley's Lover

Lady Chatterley's Lover
by D.H. Lawrence | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingfuturecatwing of Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Saturday, June 11, 2005

status (set by AnonymousFinder): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingfuturecatwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Saturday, June 11, 2005

From the second hand bookshop we descended on en masse during the 2005 BCNZ Convention.

^ ^
=+=

Journal Entry 2 by wingfuturecatwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Saturday, September 24, 2005

It shows you how much the world has changed in the past 80-odd years that there's very little to shock modern sensibilities in Lady Chatterley's Lover - you can find more explicit sex and four-letter words in the average Hollywood movie.

But other than for its historical interest, it's a bit of a dull book, really. DH Lawrence is a great author, and there's some lovely writing in this book, but it also tends to get a bit preachy and overly-political, which detracted from the story for me.

But at least now I can say I've read it ;-)

^ ^
=+=

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Sunday, December 11, 2005

Oh dear! this poor book has sat on my bedside table for the best part of 3 months. there was inital excitment at its capture over A)the infamous naughty bits to finally read for myself B)to finally read the classic as a whole.. unfortunately it was all rather disappointing. I've struggled through the first couple of chapters but have finally decided that there are far more interesting books to read and so am setting this free.

Anticapointment - An article or event that does not live upto it hype.

I will try and dig out some interesting tomes for the Trattories shelf as the selection there is looking pretty dull and tired and I think it would be great to find/read/release a real treasure!

CAUGHT IN CHRISTCHURCH CANTERBURY NEW ZEALAND