corner corner Vacuum Flowers

Vacuum Flowers
by Michael Swanwick | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by natecull of Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on 6/11/2005

status (set by SforSuperman): available

Journal Entry 1 by natecull from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Saturday, June 11, 2005

Rebel Elizabeth Mudlark is hot property. The body she awakes in isn't her own: her mind is unique; the agency owning her is deadly. If she stays in the Medical Centre, she has No Future.

So she does what anybody sane would do - she escapes.

And in the sprawling, mad civilisations of the future, she's in for a very interesting time indeed. If she survives.

Journal Entry 2 by daveytay from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Saturday, July 23, 2005

Caught at dinner

Journal Entry 3 by daveytay from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Sunday, August 14, 2005

Such a great book. I am going to go to the library to find more by this Author. I loved it!

Journal Entry 4 by wingfuturecatwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Picked up at tonight's meetup. Like I really need another book (especially one featuring such an unfeasibly large nipple on the front cover), but I can never resist the lure of science fiction...

^ ^
=+=

Journal Entry 5 by wingfuturecatwing at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Finally floated to the top of Mt TBR, and unfortunately it didn't really grab me. Explores some really interesting ideas, and some sequences were great, but it just seemed a bit confused overall. Plus the editing really let it down - the book is riddled with typos, and for me that's the death knell for even a good book - just too much of a distraction.

^ ^
=+=

16 November 2012: Released at the Friday night dinner at Three Mothers Thai, Canberra during UnCAN 2012.

Journal Entry 6 by cat207 at Gladstone, Queensland Australia on Friday, November 16, 2012

Superman picked this one up at the UnCanvention.

Journal Entry 7 by SforSuperman at Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Saturday, December 08, 2012

In the process

Journal Entry 8 by SforSuperman at Peppers Guest House in Pokolbin, New South Wales Australia on Thursday, December 20, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (12/19/2012 UTC) at Peppers Guest House in Pokolbin, New South Wales Australia

On the bookshelf in the lounge area.

Journal Entry 9 by SforSuperman at Gladstone, Queensland Australia on Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Different Sci fi story, futuristic. Will look for more