corner corner Queen of the Flowers

Queen of the Flowers
by Kerry Greenwood | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingpinkozcatwing of Claremont, Western Australia Australia on Thursday, June 09, 2005

status (set by pinkozcat): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingpinkozcatwing from Claremont, Western Australia Australia on Thursday, June 09, 2005

>>>It's 1928 and St Kilda's streets hang with fairly lights. Magic shows, marionettes, tea dances, tango competitions, lifesaving deomostrations, lantern shows and picnics on the beach are all part of the Flower Parade.

And who else should be chosen to be Queen of the Flowers but the gorgeous, charming and terribly fashionable Hon. Phryne Fisher? However, Phryne needs a new dress and a swimming costume, and she also needs a lot of courage to confront her problems: a missing daughter, the return of an old lover, and a young woman found drowned at the beach at Elwood.<<<

Journal Entry 2 by wingpinkozcatwing from Claremont, Western Australia Australia on Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Elephants, kidnappers and a bevy of 13 year old girls up to no good.

Once again Phryne Fisher sorts out all the problems, assisted by her lover Lin Chung, her maid Dot, Bert and Cec, and Detective Inspector "Call me Jack; everyone does" Robinson. Ruth finds her parents and all is right with the world - until the next time.

Journal Entry 3 by wingpinkozcatwing from Claremont, Western Australia Australia on Saturday, July 30, 2005

Starting a bookring with this book:

Participants
Littlemave - received 30-4-06 posted 25-5-06
Viola7 - received 1-6-06
alinci-g - received 27-6-06
crimson-tide - received 19-7-06

Journal Entry 4 by wingpinkozcatwing from Claremont, Western Australia Australia on Sunday, July 31, 2005

Posted to Funkybamboozle today. :)

Journal Entry 5 by Funkybamboozle from Georges Hall, New South Wales Australia on Friday, August 05, 2005

Yah! I cant wait to read this over the weekend. Thanks Pinkozcat

Journal Entry 6 by Funkybamboozle from Georges Hall, New South Wales Australia on Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Im not sure if Im correct, but it seems that the more recent the novel in the series, the less willing to take risks is Phryne. I have enjoyed all of the books I have read so far, but the last too installments dont seem to have the same flair about them.

I do enjoy the series though - they certainly appease my boredom!! Thanks heaps Pinkozcat.

Journal Entry 7 by tantan from Townsville, Queensland Australia on Thursday, August 18, 2005

Received today. I'll be on to it as soon as I can - I'm looking forward to reading these books.

Journal Entry 8 by tantan from Townsville, Queensland Australia on Friday, September 23, 2005

This was my first Phryne Fisher Adventure. It felt a little slow to begin with, but once I got going I found the book to be very enjoyable, and difficult to put down. Easy reading, and I loved the mystery within the mystery about Ruth's parentage.

Heading off to catsalive next.

Journal Entry 9 by wingcatsalivewing from Rooty Hill, New South Wales Australia on Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Once again I have been very naughty and read this as soon as it arrived. I enjoyed this as if it was the first Phryne I had ever read. I think there should be more super-heroines like her. I wish I was like her. Mind you, if I had the money to live any sort of lifestyle I wanted I'd probably still be curled up with books and cats and dog most of the time. I hope we do see more of the Professor, he's a great character even if he does run a house of ill-repute - very enlightened of him to ensure his working girls are happy and healthy.

Off to buggyhare next. Posted 29/9/5.

Journal Entry 10 by buggyhare from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Monday, October 03, 2005

Received today - thanks! Hope to get to it soon!

Journal Entry 11 by buggyhare from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Monday, January 09, 2006

Well, I didn't get to this soon - unfortunately I didn't get to this at all! Posted on to sally906 yesterday to get the ring moving again - sorry everyone!

Journal Entry 12 by sally906 from Darwin, Northern Territory Australia on Monday, January 16, 2006

Whoo Hoo - arrived in the mail today.

Why do bookring/ray books travel in packs? Another two arrived today as well, after I have been bookcrossing bookless for a few weeks - LOL

Journal Entry 13 by sally906 from Darwin, Northern Territory Australia on Friday, February 03, 2006

Finished reading it - was okay - but not one of her best. Still a good cozy read :)

Am sending it to astro2480

Journal Entry 14 by sally906 at Casuarina Post Office in Casuarina, Northern Territory Australia on Friday, February 03, 2006

Released 8 yrs ago (2/3/2006 UTC) at Casuarina Post Office in Casuarina, Northern Territory Australia

off south to astro2480 :)

Journal Entry 15 by astro2480 from Lismore, New South Wales Australia on Sunday, February 12, 2006

Arrived today ... thanks

Journal Entry 16 by astro2480 from Lismore, New South Wales Australia on Sunday, March 19, 2006

I think "Blood & Circuses" is still the best of the few Phryne mysteries I have read. This is still an enjoyable read, but found it a bit slow to get going.

Off to Lisagt tomorrow. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 17 by Lisagt from Holsworthy, New South Wales Australia on Thursday, March 23, 2006

A nice surprise in the mail today, thanx! I'll get to it...eventually!

Journal Entry 18 by Lisagt from Holsworthy, New South Wales Australia on Saturday, April 22, 2006

I finished this yesterday. It took me a little while to get into this one but I did enjoy it in the end. Once again the unflappable Phryne saves the day, infact 'saves' many a young thing and does it with such style and fashion sense! I'll get this in the mail to Littlemave this week. Thanx for sharing (again) pinkozcat.

Journal Entry 19 by Lisagt from Holsworthy, New South Wales Australia on Monday, April 24, 2006

Posted to littlemave today.

Journal Entry 20 by Littlemave from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Collected from the post office box at the end of last week. I am just coming to the end of the "Faith Singer" bookring and will start this one next.
Thanks Lisa, and thought the packaging was cool!

Journal Entry 21 by Littlemave from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Sunday, May 21, 2006

Another mystery solved by the so cool Phryne. Interesting to see her connection with Orkney... it does make you think! I wish that I would appear so calm and collected and knowledgable when dealing with all sorts of people, from the low to the high, I suppose she has learnt much from her poor Richmond beginnings and her very well off UK life of peerage, so it really is understandable. I *do* like the letters running through the book at the end of each chapter.
I have contacted gypsyrose02 and await an address.
Thanks for the bookring Pinkozcat.

Journal Entry 22 by Littlemave from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Monday, May 22, 2006

**update**
gypsyrose02 has asked to be skipped, so have contacted viola7. All being well it will be travelling tomorrow.

Journal Entry 23 by Littlemave from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Thursday, May 25, 2006

In the mail to viola7 today. (Friday)

Journal Entry 24 by Viola7 from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Another Phryne Fisher! It looks good. I love the Art Deco covers.

Journal Entry 25 by Viola7 from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Thursday, June 22, 2006

I enjoyed this light murder mystery, but found the one set partly in Paris more interesting. This one was a bit sordid.

Journal Entry 26 by alinci-g from Burwood East, Victoria Australia on Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Arrived yesterday. I am looking forward to reading this.

Journal Entry 27 by wingcrimson-tidewing from Balingup, Western Australia Australia on Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Been away from home and my computer for 2 days and arrived back tonight to find this one waiting patiently for me on my desk, having arrived either today or yesterday. Three ahead of it at present. Thanks all.

Journal Entry 28 by wingcrimson-tidewing from Balingup, Western Australia Australia on Sunday, August 06, 2006

Another light and enjoyable adventure. The plot this time had a few more sidelines than some of the others I've read. So wonderful how everything turns out all right in the end . . . the baddies get their come-uppance and the goodies settle down in the parlour for a stiff drink. I wish real life was that predictable! Except for poor Anna and Rory - they didn't deserve their lot.

Now back home to pinkozcat.

Journal Entry 29 by wingpinkozcatwing from Claremont, Western Australia Australia on Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Returned from its travels this morning.

Journal Entry 30 by wingpinkozcatwing at Napoleon Street in Cottesloe, Western Australia Australia on Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Released 8 yrs ago (9/6/2006 UTC) at Napoleon Street in Cottesloe, Western Australia Australia