corner corner Hotel Transylvania

Hotel Transylvania
by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro | Romance
Registered by SeVeN7 of Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada on 10/1/2002

status (set by cyril-of-carra): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by SeVeN7 from Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada on Tuesday, October 01, 2002

A very cool book.

I plan to read more about Saint Germain if I can find a book store that carries more than just Hotel Transylvania.

Journal Entry 2 by SeVeN7 at Sent to Moonglow18 in the mail. in Rainsville, Alabama USA on Wednesday, January 08, 2003

Released on Friday, January 17, 2003 at Sent to Moonglow18 in the mail. in Rainsville, Alabama USA.

Journal Entry 3 by moonglow18 from Rainsville, Alabama USA on Wednesday, February 05, 2003

Recieved this from seven7 today. I can't wait to read this one it looks good. Thanks seven7!

Journal Entry 4 by moonglow18 at Another bookcrossing member in Rainsville, Alabama USA on Friday, August 01, 2003

Released on Friday, August 01, 2003 at Another bookcrossing member in Rainsville, Alabama USA.

Snail mailed to vi0let today, sorry about the delay. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 5 by vi0let from Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, September 19, 2003

Received the book today.
Kirkus Reviews claims that "readers hooked on Lestat would do well to investigate Saint-Germain", and I can hardly wait to see if they´re right. Thanks, moonglow18 & seven7!

Journal Entry 6 by vi0let from Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, October 05, 2003

This book really is in the right category: mystery & thrillers.
But vampires aren´t the bad guys this time;Saint-Germain is the hero who must save his girl from devil-worshiping nobles.

Despite the beautiful-girl-in-trouble-plot, Hotel Transylvania is indeed a very cool book and I am going to read more about Saint-Germain (I´ve actually seen The Palace by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro in a bookstore)

Journal Entry 7 by vi0let from Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, October 09, 2003

Promised to myntti. Will send soon.

Journal Entry 8 by wingmynttiwing from Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Friday, October 17, 2003

Received in the mail this morning. Thanks, vi0let!
I'm looking forward to reading Hotel Transylvania.

Journal Entry 9 by wingmynttiwing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Saturday, July 21, 2012

I know I read this book way back when in 2003, but I didn't journal it then. I've had the book far too long, so I decided to reread it and then release it at Finncon. When I first read this, I thought all those letters the characters wrote were boring. Now I thought they were a good way of getting to know them better. (And they helped in creating the feel of a different time period.)
The clothing of every person was described in detail. How many times did we have to read about Saint-German's shoes with jeweled buckles? I don't know. Too many, if you ask me.
Anyway, this was a quick read. I've read a couple of Saint-Germain books since this one, and if I happen to see more of these books somewhere, I might pick them up.

Journal Entry 10 by wingmynttiwing at Tampereen yliopisto / University of Tampere in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Saturday, July 21, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (7/21/2012 UTC) at Tampereen yliopisto / University of Tampere in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland

Bookcrossing table at Finncon2012.
***
BC-sivuston kielen saa halutessaan vaihdettua sivun ylälaidan vihreässä palkissa olevasta linkistä. Suomenkielinen keskustelufoorumi: http://www.bookcrossing.com/forum/30

Journal Entry 11 by cyril-of-carra at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Saturday, July 21, 2012

Caught this from the Finncon bookcrossing table, thanks!