corner corner Such a Long Journey

Such a Long Journey
by Rohinton Mistry | Literature & Fiction
Registered by IWriteCanada of Stettler, Alberta Canada on Monday, September 30, 2002

status (set by IWriteCanada): permanent collection

Journal Entry 1 by IWriteCanada from Stettler, Alberta Canada on Monday, September 30, 2002

I’m inherently a book COLLECTOR, but I do love to share and swap books as well. As such, this book will not be released into the wild, but may be borrowed, if you promise to take good care of it. It’s just mashed up bits of tree with a little ink on it, after all is said and done…

First, I saw the movie, then, I read the book. One should never do that. I couldn’t fully appreciate this book because the movie kept jumping into my mind, and every time I’d try to beat it out, I’d wake up on the kitchen floor with a frying pan next to my head. This is Rohinton Mistry’s first novel. It’s about a Parsi family in Bombay, and how a simple man, the father-figure of the novel, fights to win those small victories we all need to win every day, to keep our morale up. Sure, there’s more story than that to it, but all that other plot and stuff wasn’t what struck me when I sat down with this book.

Journal Entry 2 by IWriteCanada at Mailed to a friend in Mumbai, Maharashtra India on Friday, December 03, 2004

Released on Friday, December 03, 2004 at about 3:00:00 PM BX time (GMT-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada) at Mailed to a friend in Mumbai, Maharashtra India.